Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Unusual Prolonged Cycle... HELP!!!

MomToBe85MomToBe85 Posts: 60
edited April 2014 in Trying to Conceive
Next month DW and I will TTC for the first time ever. We will be doing an at-home IUI. I have been tracking my cycles for the past 6 months and have been averaging 28-29 day cycles. This month however, my cycle was an unusual 32 days! It has NEVER been this long. I'm freaking out because I have no clue when I'll ovulate in May. I usually ovulate on CD13/14. I'm so frustrated. I switched prenatal pills earlier this month and stopped drinking caffeine about 2 days ago and wonder if that had anything to do with prolonging my cycle.

Has this happened to anyone? Do you think I'll still ovulate on CD 13/14 or do you think it'll be closer to CD16/17 since I started 3/4 days late?

HELLPPP!! :o:D:/ :mad: <--- All of my crazy emotions right now!

Comments

• Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My cycle length is variable, but I always seem to ovulate on CD 12 or 13. So, I'd go with the assumption that you'll probably ovulate at the same point in your cycle as usual.
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Honestly, a difference of three or four days isn't all that uncommon, in terms of ovulation. It's your luteal phase that should be consistent. I usually ovulated sometime between day 15 and day 18, with one or two cycles later or earlier. Now, if you had said that you were varying by weeks all of a sudden, then I would tell you to talk to your doctor. I think what you're experiencing is very normal.

I would still order the sperm to arrive at the earliest you've ever gotten a +OPK, though, because a short cycle could appear next. Just keep tracking your ovulation signs, and you'll be fine. Good luck!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    starviewchickstarviewchick Posts: 348
    edited November -1
    Maybe your luteal phase became longer? In any case, you can keep the tank for a week and then some more (just need to pay extra), so it is no big deal, I think:)