Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

mother's day gifts

mysweetangelmysweetangel Posts: 239
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Just thought I'd make a post for people to share what they are getting someone for mother's day or if there's something you want for mother's day :-)

This is what I'm getting my mom with 6 birthstones for all the grandkids.
http://www.astraeaandco.com/item_63/HANNA-Silver-Birthstone-Bracelet.htm

And this is what I want
http://www.astraeaandco.com/item_16/HANNA-Silver-Mommy-Bracelet.htm
Try #1 BFP at 9DPO!
2l9f2d.jpg

2i9gzs.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    We aren't a big gift giving family. We were going to get my mom a new sewing machine but she poo-pooed the idea. Trying to get the siblings together to send flowers to both Mom and stepmom.

I am hoping to sleep past 7 am as my gift :)
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Out of my family, 3 other siblings, I'm the sentimental gift giver lol.
    Try #1 BFP at 9DPO!
    2l9f2d.jpg

2i9gzs.jpg
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    i love these as a concept, but i wonder if there is anything a little less pricey. i'd love to do something like this for my mom. i usually just do flowers, chocolates and lunch out at a restaurant of her choice, and we also go to church together.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My mom usually gets something for me "from the kids" and I'll never get that bracelet I just really like it. Also my sister and I are splitting the price of the gift for my mom. I was flipping through ebay and saw some bracelets very similar to these.
    Try #1 BFP at 9DPO!
    2l9f2d.jpg

2i9gzs.jpg
  • Options
    insearchofadonorinsearchofadonor Posts: 73
    edited November -1
    babybaby wrote:
    by the way, how do you swing getting something for mother's day? as a smbc i'm curious, because i've never had a gift, and last mother's day i didn't get a card, either (my sister or mom has done that for me in the past). i mean, i'm not obsessed with it, but it would be nice to have even just a card with their names on it.

LOL, I've been wondering this too! It's ironic, because Mother's Day used to make me feel a little sad because I didn't have kids... now Mother's Day still makes me feel a little sad because as a SMBC of a just-turned-two year old and an 8 week old newborn I definitely have the kids - and all the hard work that goes with looking after them all day every day on my own - but still don't get any kind of Mother's Day! LOL. I am reeeaally looking forward to when they are old enough (maybe when they reach school-aged) to e.g. make me a card on their own without any prompting (since there is no one here to prompt them, so while I know a 2 year old COULD make a card, they'd need someone to help them etc!) And it will be even better still in a few years time when they are both old enough for us to go out and have a great day of fun together without any toddler tantrums or meltdowns because it's naptime, lol! ;-)
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    I always am unsure what to do for Mother's Day. I do not have a relationship with my Mom and am a SMBC and the kids are too young to do anything really. If I had the money I'd splurge on a spa day but really finding child care is more the issue then money. A LOT of my friends who are married go off about all the wonderful flowers & special day plans which kind of makes me a tad sad. I feel bad that I feel sad over something like that but I do :/
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I bought myself something for Mother's Day last year (double stroller so I could get out more!). Seriously, I try to do something that day that I'd enjoy but my kids also enjoy like BBQ some teriyaki steak and have ice cream cones and go to the park. I do hope that my kids' daycare has them make a small craft so that they know it's a special day for moms (and as a teacher I'm making sure the kids have a gift for their moms - and later, dads - that they made in computer class). Maybe this year I'll invite my sister and her family over for dinner since they keep the holiday pretty low-key as well.

I have to agree, it can be a sad holiday for single moms, divorced moms, widows, etc. because you want someone to recognize how much effort you put into raising your kids. When they're older they'll appreciate what you do more, but at this age, they really don't get it and you don't have a significant other who sees and appreciates what you do.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    njmommanjmomma Posts: 531
    edited April 2014
    I would really like it if someone can make me a cup of coffee on mother's day, lol. Or just if someone can take care of me just a little bit on mother's day. I've been taking care of people as a nurse at work, and at home I take care of my daughter completely by myself without any help, and I would really love it if I wouldn't have to do it all by myself at least for one day, and somebody would do little something for me, and take care of me. Maybe cooking me a meal, so I don't have to do it, and mother's day would be a perfect day for that.
    I usually get my mom either flowers or different plants for mother's day, since she is into gardening. I don't get anything from my family on mother's day, but I hope when my daughter gets older, she will make me a card or anything from her would be just wonderful.
    PL87cIN.jpgPL87m4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Last year my daughter was 3 but she did pick out a card and a little necklace for me while with my mom. She was so excited about it. There's a craft shop that I've been wanting to do a project with her at, thanks for the idea :-)
    Try #1 BFP at 9DPO!
    2l9f2d.jpg

2i9gzs.jpg
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My mom takes my boys shopping and they pick out something for me. One year I got a Tonka truck and one year I got HUGE blue beaded earrings from the dollar store! :) Either way I LOVE them because my boys picked them out for ME.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    This is the first year that my [older] kids asked to go shopping for me. I credit this to the exchange student living with us. He is an awesome influence! My little one's preschool has her making flower pens for mommies. It's a secret so Shiloh told me not to tell :)

My birthday and Mother's Day are very close together. Every 7 years it's the same day too! Last year was the first year that I bought myself a present. It was weird for me. I love shopping but never before had I ever thought in terms of giving myself a gift and putting the same time, thought, and effort into it as I would for others. This year doing the same was not odd at all. I think that I've established my own little tradition. One that's just for and all about me!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I got my mom this similar necklace with a G and M charm (the stone was a deeper red than this one). The red beach glass is kind of a symbol for G since his birthstone is ruby and the pearl is for M's birthstone.
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/186964642/vintage-red-orange-necklace-genuine?ref=shop_home_active_21

As far as myself and DP....we will probably work on a household project with each other for mother's day. Probably build a firepit in the backyard. :)
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg