Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Safe sun block for very sensitive skin

njmommanjmomma Posts: 531
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
My daughter has extremely sensitive skin. Every single product that I use has to be perfume free, and for sensitive skin, otherwise she gets a bad reaction, she gets really bad skin rash.
I am trying to find out if there are safe and effective sunscreens for very sensitive skin, preferably "more natural" sunscreens. Any recommendations? Thanks.
PL87cIN.jpgPL87m4.png

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try the skin deep website at ewg.org/skindeep
    We like Babyganics for E and La Roche Posay for H. I could use just about anything, but their fair Irish skin needs special care.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    We like Thinkbaby
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    There are lots of recipes for homemade sunblock. Usually consists of zinc, coconut oil, and other optional ingredients like shea butter, cocoa butter, etc. if you buy organic ingredients you will know you are not putting on extra chemicals.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Everything in our house is "free"....food, toiletries, cleaning supplies, etc..... We use California Baby and Badger. Expensive, unfortunately, but they are Feingold approved and that is what we follow to be sure they are safe as can be. I have looked a little into making our own but haven't yet.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 4 year old granddaughter and I both have extremely sensitive skin. I am allergic to most scents. We use California Baby
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    We love thinkbaby!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    jennandersonjennanderson Posts: 133
    edited November -1
    California Baby and Ava Anderson Non-Toxic!
    "Mama Jenn"
    SDS(2)
    ~waiting on my rainbow ~