Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

lunch boxes

mysweetangelmysweetangel Posts: 239
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I swear there was a post about this somewhere but I can't find it. I'm looking into lunch boxes since Kaylee will be starting school this year and I need some help. I really like the planetbox but it's pretty pricey. I've also looked into the yumbox, which seems small, and the gogreenlunchbox. Is the planetbox really worth the extra money or would another one to the job?
Try #1 BFP at 9DPO!
2l9f2d.jpg

2i9gzs.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Yes, the planet box really is worth it. First, it makes packing lunches easier. It is also better for the kids (no prepackaged foods) and the environment (no plastic baggies). We've had Kate's for 4 years now and in that time we probably would have gone through 4 "regular" lunch boxes. We have replaced the case because I originally bought a light colored one (learn from my mistake, haha). I try not to buy plastic food storage and we don't need any with this so ice saved money there as well. Truly worth the expense upfront because it really does save you money in the long run.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    ^^what she said :)
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I took the planet of advice last year and absolutely love it. I do have a cheapie box I use for camp though as I do not want this lunchbox lost!
    age.png

age.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I think it also may depend a bit on what you will be sending for lunch. Justin likes hot things for lunch, so he needs to have a thermos that keeps warm items warm. He also usually has some cold items, and some room temp ones as well. I couldn't figure out how keep multiple things the right temperature with a planetbox, so I use different containers. If your child is going to eat all cold items, it will work for you.

BTW, I love the NourishMe pouches you can buy on amazon.com. I send in yogurt, applesauce, and purees in them.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Kate's school will reheat anything we put in tinfoil (in a toaster oven not microwave, I love them so much!) so that's not been an issue for us.

If your child eats on packaged foods the planet box doesn't work too well. For example, I bought one for the oldest I Nanny for. But she is so picky that none of her 4 fruit choices work in the planet box - the are those baby food packets (only one particular kind), Apple sauce (in single servings does not fit in closed planet box, a whole apple - same and dried apple/pear crisps in individual pouches. Again, this is for an extremely limited option eater!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    mysweetangelmysweetangel Posts: 239
    edited November -1
    Well after thinking about it I just couldn't see spending that kind of money right now. She's just starting pre-k so at least for a couple years the one I got will be just fine. I ended up with the bento box and lunch bag from pottery barn. They were on sale so I went ahead and got one for Brayden as well. I will also be going to school when they start next month so I found the rubbermaid lunchblox sets that look like they will be just right for me. Maybe in a couple years when I know they have ability to care for things a bit better I'll invest in a better set. Thanks for all the input :-)
    Try #1 BFP at 9DPO!
    2l9f2d.jpg

2i9gzs.jpg