Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Update on us

blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
The last 9 weeks have gone by in a flash. In the first four weeks Thomas and I were guests of the hospital three times. First for his birth and my recovery. Again to treat his jaundice and monitor his weight. Finally for 6 days of iv antibiotics to treat a bout of mastitis for me. It took another three weeks and a total of 7 different antibiotics to clear up the infection. My breast is still discolored, swollen, and painful but it is much improved.

During my bout of mastitis I gave up on the idea of transitioning Thomas from bottle to breast. I continue to pump and bottle feed. It works for us for now which is all that really matters.

It wasn't until recently that Thomas and I were able to try to develop a routine based on activities other than eating, sleeping, and becoming clean. I'm having a great time watching him learn to make new sounds, master the art of sucking on his fingers and knuckles, explore scooting and rolling over, and develop a million different smiles.

Please find a few pictures of us below. I'm sorry they're so large. I don't know how to resize them from my iPad.

A few minutes old...

IMG_1915_zpsc302f746.jpg

A few hours old...

IMG_1919_zps098936fa.jpg

Newborn yoga...

IMG_1924_zps5279d92f.jpg

Official newborn photo...

IMG_1958_zps59747494.jpg

At four weeks...

IMG_1944_zps66669800.jpg

Last weekend...

IMG_1981_zpsecd31683.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Gorgeous. And look at that spectacular head of hair! Whew, sorry you had so many obstacles. But it sounds like you are on the mend and you guys are doing well. Those first weeks can be brutal, kudos to you for keeping up with pumping through all of the challenges! You're doing great!!! :)
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    PotandlidPotandlid Posts: 350
    edited November -1
    So happy to see this post! I think a lot about you two- let me know if you need anything at all!
    August arrived 10/2/14.
    c11a0a2c-f693-4313-b267-ad5fc4be924e_zpsgcimgwso.jpg

Follow our journey at: www.potandlidmakekid.wordpress.com
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Omg he is adorable. So sorry about the mastitis. My oldest also was hospitalized for mastitis when she had my oldest grandchild.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    He's darling! Happy to hear both of you have recovered and you're still able to supply him with breast milk!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Ah! Mastitis is absolutely the worst. You sound like you had a really horrible infection. I am so sorry to hear this, but glad you are healing and moving forward.

What a beautiful little guy. The hair is adorable!!

Congratulations!!
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    He is PRECIOUS! I'm glad he's doing well, and I'm definitely sorry about your painful experience. Ouch!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    what a gorgeous little guy. sounds like everything is going well, aside from the mastitis. yikes.
  • Options
    kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    Beautiful little guy!! wow, he has a lot of hair!! Congratulations :)
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018
  • Options
    scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    Aww he's precious! Glad you are doing well now. Mastitis sounds awful!
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    He is adorable! Congrats again!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    jenandlorijenandlori Posts: 584
    edited November -1
    He is so cute!!