Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Boy/girl reveal party

scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
edited August 2014 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi I had my reveal party over the weekend! My family thought it was lots of fun. People gambled by putting a dollar(s) in the girl basket or boy basket and their name. We drew a name from the winning sex and got half of the money in there. The reveal itself was giving my daughter a cupcake, if there was blueberries inside, it's a boy and strawberries indicates a girl. And...

It's a boy!!!

Wow one of each! Woohoo! It took a little while to process as I had it in my head I was having two girls. They could share rooms and clothes, it would be great! As it is, it's going to be better than great. ;) I'm so happy my kids will have each other to grow up with and have love and support. :)

Here is a pic of my daughter and I after we opened the cupcake (I helped a little to get the ball rolling. ;)
EyNNm4.png
zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    That's adorable! What a fun way to let everyone know!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    congratulations! i also was sure you would be having two girls. kinda fun to have one of each, though, i bet. :) you get to have fun with both sides of the clothes aisles!
  • Options
    PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    How fun! And congrats!!
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a cute idea. Congratulations on having a boy.
  • Options
    msfofomsfofo Posts: 36
    edited November -1
    Great idea! So cute! Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Thanks ladies! Haha, that's funny you, babybaby, thought I would have a girl, too. I tried to brace myself but, I had it all pictured how things would go with two girls so it was like, "Doah! Now I have to shift my thoughts on my family dynamic and let go of my visions." So, I'm really embracing letting go any concerns I had about raising a boy. It's good we live in a time of questioning gender roles and all that. One of my concerns was the fact that I do not like sports or competition! I mean I can watch a Cleveland Browns game and enjoy the padded butts, but that's about the extent of it. I don't even really like cards. I can handle a game of bad mitten (sp?!) Yes girls love sports, but it's pushed on boys from the jump with little baseballs and footballs on their onsies, lol! And I worried I wouldn't be a good boy momma, as they call it on the message boards. Anyways, I've really processed a lot! First off, I don't have to wish my kid the captain of the football team anymore than the chess team for them to become an awesome person. I will support the activities the kids want to do, to an extent because I don't want to wear myself too thin. A friend pointed out how her boy/girl kids both did ballet, both did karate. So my vision of them doing things like that together can still happen (they don't have to if they really don't want to, of course!) I've also healed my relationship to the male species a lot more already (I have some great guys in my life, but I'm still smarting from my last divorce, to a man. ;) I now think I'm going to be an awesome "boy momma." Haha!

Oh yeah, and I did some shopping and found a ton of boyish clothes with out sports or phrased like, "I'm tougher than I look" on them. :) I'm really digging the button up plaid short sleeve shirts, so cute!
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    LbakerLbaker Posts: 234
    edited November -1
    Congrats! Being a "boy mama" rocks!
    4470a244-b3a2-4de4-ae57-11b81542c124_zpsdcbfdc20.jpg2ec06ca7-63d1-40da-a28d-1cb24fa3c150_zps63478b0d.jpg
    KrIUm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ^^^ See!!! Boys love Elmo, too! Who woulda thought? Haha! (Just picking on myself a little bit.) My daughter loves Elmo.
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    LbakerLbaker Posts: 234
    edited November -1
    Oliver loves all things Sesame Street! He also loves cooking and cleaning and cuddling his stuffed animals. Sure, he is starting to become more active, and there are cars and trucks strewn all over my house, but most of his moments are spent loving his mamas. And, the plaid button up shirts are adorable :)
    4470a244-b3a2-4de4-ae57-11b81542c124_zpsdcbfdc20.jpg2ec06ca7-63d1-40da-a28d-1cb24fa3c150_zps63478b0d.jpg
    KrIUm5.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    scifimom wrote:
    And I worried I wouldn't be a good boy momma, as they call it on the message boards.

You will be an awesome boy momma! The beauty is that while you can encourage them, girls and boys develop likes and dislikes all on their own. You just take 'em where they want to go. Encourage and chauffeur!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    How cute! Congratulations!! I can't believe how much your daughter has grown!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN