Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Baby Teeth

ZenZen Posts: 2,942
edited August 2014 in Parenting and Life
I had this silly idea that I could take a nap this afternoon when there came a knock at my door with my teen calling out for me. Then in she comes saying "Shiloh pulled out her tooth!" My little one had been all proud of her wiggly tooth and was even more so now. For some reason neither kid was overly concerned with the mouthful of blood that accompanied this milestone. After judicious use of a wet washcloth, the flow of blood was stemmed and my little one was dancing around in glee over the loss of her very first tooth!

Which brings me to the question of the hour: what do I do with the tooth??? It started out carefully placed in a velvet pouch in a box. The "tooth fairy" came and replaced the tooth with money and a small present. And now the tooth goes ... where?
AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png

Comments

• Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Well, my Venezuelan exchange sister from high school had a necklace with her late grandma's teeth... granted, it wasn't anyone's *baby* teeth, but... ;) Just in case you don't come across any better plans for them, right!
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I come from a family who isn't very sentimental, so I say toss it. :) But I'm sure someone will give you some lovely ideas about framing them or putting them in a forever-proof box of some kind!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    My grandma kept my first tooth in a jewelry box. It resurfaced a few years ago, but I have no idea what I did with it. The tooth had no sentimental value for me and I wasn't really sure what I was suppose to do with it. I don't think I threw it away since my grandma kept it for so many years. But, it is probably sitting in a box in the garage.
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited August 2014
    I ordered a little box that says first tooth and will archive it in a drawer. I don't see myself collecting the full set. The ick factor is too high for that!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had this same question after jack lost his 3rd tooth yesterday! Now i have 3 tiny baby teeth in my jewelry box and it is a little gross. It was cute at first, but he is losing them so fast and I'm getting a little pile.....
    age.png

age.png
  • Options
    FloJoeOreoFloJoeOreo Posts: 17
    edited November -1
    They start to stink! We were keeping both our boys teeth in a little container in my sock drawer till the odor became to much. I taped the first one in the baby book and threw away the rest.
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't want to be caught as the Tooth Fairy, so I say throw them!
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    I got this holder thing - I can write the date it came out, pictures, etc. let me see if I can find a link ;)

Tooth Fairy's Baby Tooth Case Blue by Baby Tooth Album http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008HKC8I2/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_h1-8tb028PTFD
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    i am a total minimalist, but i still have to save EVERY. DAMN. THING. of my kids'.