Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Incredibly Important: Clothes

aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
This is an incredibly important topic.

For those of you that try and dress your tiny tots in a hip way, where do you buy clothes for a special occasion?

I have ideas for the boys' first birthday. I'm not looking for those john-johns or anything that says "birthday boy." I'm thinking something more like a button down, bow tie, suspenders look-- but I feel that may be getting old?

So -- where do you shop for fun and stylish clothes for infants? Almost toddlers?
7NZpm4.png
Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger

Comments

• Options
    jennandersonjennanderson Posts: 133
    edited November -1
    I love Etsy and Instagram shops! Plus supporting work at home moms vs large corporations :) Good luck!
    "Mama Jenn"
    SDS(2)
    ~waiting on my rainbow ~
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I shop at Macy's, Marshalls, and Ebay. However ... for ideas or a ridiculously large sum of money, you should check out Wooden Soldier (http://www.woodensoldier.com/). Their stuff is adorable!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    mausandlodiemausandlodie Posts: 312 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gymboree has been great for my daughter - I didn't like it as much for my son, although I found some nice things there on occasion. We liked to dress Henry up a little when he was a baby, but favored a preppy look over the one piece embroidered jumpsuit (sounds like you feel the same way). We always had good luck at the baby gap - I haven't loved their girls stuff lately, and I don't know what their boys stuff looks like now that Henry has developed his own ideas about what he wants to wear - worth a look, though!
    fb07f31c-23cd-4846-9060-8d5113d22bdb_zpsejjbeelw.jpg
    4d79eb04-373b-476e-96e2-4b5387a0f1e1_zpsoeetv1ez.jpg
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I was going to say Janie and Jack if my kids would wear what I wanted them to wear! They prefer no buttons or embellishments, only cotton fabric, and elastic waists; it's a sensory thing.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    christeacherchristeacher Posts: 242 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love rugged butts for boys!
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited August 2014
    My friend has her own business. Little Gray & Co. Check out her FB page if you decide to go suspender and bow tie.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    i really like persnickety (except for those gawd-awful gaucho bloomer southern-looking things), but they only have girls clothes, it looks like. i like paper wings, too, and they make clothes for boys. jean bourget is also nice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh, mini boden, oilily and hanna andersson, too.
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    For our son we really like Gap, Mini Boden, and Gymboree. I also like Etsy for special items and local baby boutiques :)
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    mysweetangelmysweetangel Posts: 239
    edited November -1
    I like gymboree, baby gap and crazy 8. I also have fallen in love with p.s. from aeropostale, but they don't start till size 4.
    Try #1 BFP at 9DPO!
    2l9f2d.jpg

2i9gzs.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you, everyone!! We will get cracking in all these suggestions. :)
    7NZpm4.png
  • Options
    scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    My city has a handful of baby/kid consignment stores with upscale-type clothing, that's where I would look. :)
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    syoung0204syoung0204 Posts: 504
    edited August 2014
    Etsy mostly and ScoutMob.com has really cute stuff but only a few baby things. Both are local independent makers.

Amazon has some really cute stuff if you look hard enough, I usually type in "organic" to get the super cute style but expensive stuff. http://www.amazon.com/Toddler-Vintage-Knickers-Suspenders-Newsboy/dp/B000IBSZ30/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1408901817&sr=8-3&keywords=baby+boy+suit

Or you can do a play on the "birthday boy" shirt idea, like this: http://www.amazon.com/Happy-Family-Clothing-Dinosaur-Birthday/dp/B00LDRC8PY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1408902017&sr=8-10&keywords=baby+boy+hipster+clothes
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you really want something timeless and of quality to be passed down, we love Rachel Riley. All of E's special occasion clothes come from there.
    Oh. And Prince George's too! ;)
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    This is what I thought of for your boys when looking at Wooden Soldier outfits. At $68 it's not inexpensive but not over the top either!

1.jpg
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I believe we purchased our suspenders for H's first year pictures at H&M, but that place is hit or miss. I'd buy everything in Janie and Jack if we could afford it. We mostly shop Goodwill and Target with a splash of Baby Gap. We also tend to favor a preppy or classic look, and, thankfully, so do the people from whom we usually receive our hand-me-downs. :)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Now in addition to wanting all the clothes, I want all the money, too!

We've barely bought the boys anything .... When I see the price tags for the things I want, I always need a moment.

Thanks guys!! Those links are very much what we were thinking of!
    7NZpm4.png
  • Options
    PiperDillyPiperDilly Posts: 121
    edited November -1
    I'm a baby fashion nut! Instagram shops are your best bet. Most are run by work at home moms so you can feel good about spending a little extra. If you're interested, DM me and I'll show you some fantastic shops! :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    what scifimom said about consignment stores. i go this way or ebay most of the time. it's just a matter of personal preference, but i would rather buy a gently-used, well-made item of clothing over a brand-spanking-new item that was made cheap.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ^^ thats how i feel about cars!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    Wow, you guys are raising little fashionistas! Pretty much everything Cordelia has is Carter's or Children's Place if it was bought new. The garage sale/consignment shop stuff is Old Navy, Carter's, Little Me, Gerber, the Kohls brand Jumping Bean, a couple of Gymboree things....

I feel so uncreative and dowdy now.
    ZVvim5.png
  • Options
    michelle.malottmichelle.malott Posts: 107
    edited November -1
    Ha! I'm with you scorpiogrl7! I just spent $40 on my daughter's Carter's outfit for first year pictures, and thought it was kind of outrageous for something she will wear for a few months at the most. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Scorpio - Children's Place and I are close friends! With just a few exceptions, all the kids uniforms and polos came from there. I love getting emails for free shipping and 30% off and then having points that give monetary credits.

For dressy outfits, I shop international Ebay sellers. And to keep up with the Joneses (who have no interest whatsoever in my kids' clothes) I sometimes shop sales at Abercrombie and Nordstroms.
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png