Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

An extremely serious topic- Wedgies

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited September 2014 in Parenting and Life
If your kid is constantly pulling their underwear out of their butt, is the underwear too small? Too big? Bad style?
Seriously. If I see my kid do this one time a day, I see it fifty times. But it's not every day, so I'm assuming it's something to do with the fit of some of her undies. Any insight? What's the deal??

It's driving me nuts!!!!!
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time for short style underpants?
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's what she wears already! :(
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    My opinion (and I say this from lots of experience, 3 girls under 7 at this time and countless years beforehand...) it is a phase that many of them go through usually around 3-4. Some are worse than others, usually those with sensitivities to clothing in general. I'd make note of which panties seem to bother her and which don't. Start pulling out the ones that bother her and see if it helps.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I'm laughing because while I don't have this issue with my little one, it reminds me of a conversation with my cousin a few years ago. We were shopping at Victoria Secrets and she was picking up thong panties, and a few g-strings. I was thinner then but still prone to bikini briefs. I asked how she could stand to wear thongs. She said that since panties creep up your butt anyway they may as well start there!

Note - this is not an ad for thongs for babies!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    My cousin's daughter and my son both ditched underwear at about 4 years old because they can't stand them. She wore briefs and he wore boxer briefs. Personally, I'm okay with him going commando for a while because underwear comes in stupid sizes. Justin outgrew the size 4's and the next size is 6-8. Seriously. My son can't keep size 5 pants up because his waist is so tiny. The 4's are cutting him off and the 6-8s are falling off him. Even if he wanted to wear underwear he can't.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Ha Kari. That's so true. What I have to keep doing is buying new, never worn or washed size 4's for Kate. They shrink so much with each washing it's the only way since the 6's are huge. At some point I guess I will start buying 6's and wash them a bunch before she can wear them!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    Gymboree sells underwear in size 5-6 that was good for getting us through when 4 was getting small but 6 was too big.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    starfish2318starfish2318 Posts: 243
    edited November -1
    Olivia loved the shorts style ones but had constant wedgies. When I switched her to regular briefs, she stopped digging.
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I'm so glad underwear sizing has come up because I thought I was crazy. The 4s are getting so tight already! I mean, I know my kid is in the 90th percentile for height and weight, but come on. I guess they're just shrinking.

Sorry about the wedgie issue. Ours only seems to happen when he pulls up his own pants after potty, which we bribe him to do because he has to at preschool starting next week. It's not so much a wedgie issue, though. He usually just forgets to pull up his underwear and just pulls up his pants, leaving his underwear under his little bum, no matter how many times we say, "Underwear first!"

I bet it's a phase for E, like pp have said. :)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    I think the boy short style underwear are the absolute worst for wedgies whether you are talking child or adult. My girls both wear briefs/bikini briefs and one likes them to fit super snug and the other prefers a looser fit. Neither have wedgie issues and they have very different shaped/sized bums :)
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    syoung0204syoung0204 Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    Can I just say this topic is SO cute and I can't wait to be here! :D
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    Sunshine4BabySunshine4Baby Posts: 378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the size issue with my just turned 5 year old , the sz 4s had turned into bikini briefs on him ... Not cool for a boy lol , I found that Gap sz 4/5 fit him perfectly right now & sometimes you can find really good deals on them , I paid about $5 for a 7 pack on clearance , so I stocked up , but I'm also not picky on the designs lol