Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Kid's Tablet

old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
OK...I am really an Old Mama like my forum name says. It is amazing I can figure out how to get on here. I need help from some of you moms who are more technologically knowledgeable than I am. My son is 9 but developmentally can manage independently at a 6-7 yr old level. I am looking for a kid friendly tablet for him for Christmas. I have seen some preloaded with kid games which would be great but I want him to be able to get on his favorite You Tube videos which he managed to do with his older siblings tablet before it was broken. Can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    Thr boys love the kindle Fire! I don't like most kid tablets that are preloaded with games. The kids can quickly out grow. Boys love the kindle & it has WAY more uses then we'll even ever use. Z who is 6 can use it easily. Lots of parent control. I do limit it a lot & recently he asks for it a lot but we often go even months between uses. I just say a kids kindle Fire. a kindle but kid proof with a 2 year guarantee.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I just got Shiloh the Kindle Fire too. I haven't fully learned to use it (lol) but one feature I really like is that I can limit game time and internet access, and provide unlimited time for reading books. So far she's all about the games but it's only been a week. The other great thing is that I get to keep my iPhone. Every time we went out she wanted to play on it. The Kindle lets her play with her own toys and leave mine alone!

It's a few extra dollars to buy it without ads but I think it's worth it. I don't need my 6 year old to be the target of any more marketing than she already sees on TV!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Thanks I will look into it.
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    When I bought our Kindles, it was $15 per device to get it without ads. You can remove them later if you want, and I figured I would do that as I got some extra money.

HA! Extra money. Right. Anyway, we've had them for almost 2 years and still have ads, and it's not a big deal at all. They are only on the lock screen and my kids hardly look at them.
    Jjr6m5.png