Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Pants for really skinny boys?

KariKari Posts: 1,765
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Sorry, I know this was a topic a while back, but my search tool isn't getting any hits. Any suggestions for pants brands for really skinny boys? Justin currently cannot wear any pants. Any. I send him to school in Carter's PJ bottoms that kind of look like pants. I could probably get him a few more pairs, but I'm looking for real pants.

To make it a little more complicated, he's got some serious sensory issues and won't wear anything but soft cotton so khakis and jeans with the adjustable waistbands are out.
100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
r9vOm4.png
Ri4Gm4.png

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Have you looked at the girls stuff at Target? In all seriousness he might really like some of it and it won't scream GIRL CLOTHES at all
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Here's a list of companies that sell sensory-friendly clothes. Not sure about the skinny part tho.
    If you can find the French brand Okaidi, there stuff is really slim, more euro style. There's a store in Montreal, or sometimes you can get their stuff on eBay.
    Also places like JCPenny and Sears sometimes sell "slim" versions of pants.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    So I'm guessing the Carter's regular pants do not fit him? :( They always worked for my skinny guy, even if they only really fit well in the waist around the time he outgrew the length.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited October 2014
    At sears I was able to find draw string sweat pants. Jack doesn't have a diagnosed sensitivity, but is sensitive, especially to clothing and we lived in sweats from 3 to about 4.5 yrs. I found jeans with elastic waistbands there too. The pants with the inner button/elastic are still uncomfortable for him, but if I don't have to cinch them too tight he will wear them now. We have some Hanna andersson cordS that are elastic waisted that I am waiting for him to grow into. Their material is sooo soft.
    age.png

age.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Oddly enough, the Carter's pants don't fit him. I think the PJ line is slimmer due to fire regulations on kids' clothing.

I hadn't thought about the girls' line of clothes. I just stopped by Target's website and they have three pairs of sweats that could pass as boys' sweats and hopefully are slimmer than the boys' line. I'm concerned about the mid-rise and what this will look like on him, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the other brand names as well. I'm going to have to do some work tonight checking them out!
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Adidas track pants work best for my skinny butt boy because the elastic is snugger than the waists of any of his other pants. I haven't tried them but Land's end carries a slim fit sweatpant for boys. Not sure if that means the waist is slimmer or they just aren't as baggy as usual sweats but they might work.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    When Shiloh was younger I gave up on finding clothes that would stay up on her skinny little waist. I resigned myself to buying too-big clothes. folded in the the waistband on the seam, and tacked it in place with a needle and thread. Now that she's older the adjustable waistbands work great for us but when clothes don't have them, I fall back on my tacking/seamstress skills!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Would it work to buy pants he likes in a smaller size so the waste fits and you could add fabric for the length? Grasping at straws but I'm guessing if you are sending him to school in pajamas you are open to any suggestions :). Have you tried SOFT clothes? I think they are on Zulilly now.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    Shanny wrote:
    Would it work to buy pants he likes in a smaller size so the waste fits and you could add fabric for the length?

I think it would be easier and more attractive to buy for correct length and then take in the waist. I've been known to use safety pins on occasion, but it would be pretty easy to stitch a waistband smaller, then rip the stitches if he grows. But then he might be annoyed by a thicker section where it's stitched...
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    Sunshine4BabySunshine4Baby Posts: 378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also second Adidas track pants - also Puma track suits- those are basically the only "active" pants my skinny once can wear without them Falling down- I have also had good luck with some if the nike sweat suits - the waists are smaller in some of those too - I check everything before buying !
  • Options
    cro2626cro2626 Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My little is the same we buy lots of handmade leggings and girls super skinny jeans for him.
    MaverickMonth6Pic9.jpg