Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

TWW Question?!?

cheyangel19cheyangel19 Posts: 44
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ok, let me start by saying this is the longest 2 weeks of my life! LOL. I am 6 dpo and as hard as I try not to, I can't help but look for pregnancy symptoms. I know it is way too early to know anything for sure, I am sure it is just a bunch of random things & I have managed to convince myself they are symptoms. I woke up with a head ache, I had the chills & sniffles off and on all day, I was nauseated all afternoon & evening. (But this could all be some kind of stomach bug coming on.) In the early afternoon, I started having cramps (AF kind of cramps, but with no bleeding) they were bad at first then kind of lightened up later in the evening and seemed to be mostly on my right side. A couple of hours after the cramping started I (TMI, I know) felt very wet so I went to the bathroom, I had a lot of thin clear EWCM (still no bleeding) and one tiny pea sized dark brown blood clot. Has anyone had this? Could this be implantation bleeding or is it something else completely? It kind of has me freaked out a little bit, just because I have NO CLUE what it is. Around 4 dpo I had very pale pink tinted CM for a couple of hours & some clear EW consistency CM with a couple of blood specks in it. But it was only day 4 post ovulation & I didn't think implantation bleeding took place until days 6-12. Any ideas? Any help would be awesome.

Thanks,
Tara
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    abbyabby Posts: 237
    edited November -1
    omg! I'm 6dpo too and it feels like the LONGEST one yet! I don't know about your symptoms but I just wanted to commiserate about the waiting. I think implantation does usually occur between 6-12 days or I've also heard 7-10 days.

Good luck, Tara! And here's to being patient during the tww!
  • Options
    Tina&ShanTina&Shan Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Aww we are baby buddy triplets i too am on day 6. I did get some cramping on day 4, 5 and alittle today but thats about it. The cramping is only on one side though. I havent had any changes in my cm other than the norm. The one thing thats keeping my mind off the wait is that im hosting our 4th annual halloween party and then after that we're doing more halloween stuff. hang in there.
    Sept '14 iui's- BFN; Oct '14 ici & iui- BFN; Nov '14 iui as ici- BFN; Dec '14 iui's-BFN; Jan '15 Break; Feb '15 iui's- BFN; Mar'15 iui's BFN: Apr, May-Break, June '15 iui'es-BFN, Jan'17 iui-BFP with baby girl.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Awesome! It's kind of reassuring to know that you are not alone in this TWW. It is already about to drive me insane & I am only 7 days in. It will all be worth it though if I get that BFP!!! Hopefully we'll all get one!

I now find myself more worried/obsessed with that the pea sized mass was. The more I think about it, it wasn't really a blood clot (as in had no "blood" at all) I realize this is WAY TMI but it was tiny & squishy for lack of a better word. I cannot help but wonder if I didn't pass an egg. (Sounds crazy, right?) I was under the impression that your body absorbs eggs that do not fertilize & attach. It is kind of freaking me out not knowing what it was for sure. If it was the egg, (that stinks) I really hope that I released more than one this month. LOL.

My nausea continued today, at this point it is more of a steady queasy feeling. It only got really bad when I got hungry (earlier in the day) & (in the evening) right after I ate dinner. Also, I ate a normal size lunch & less than an hour later I was STARVING like I hadn't eaten in a week. (And HORRIBLY nauseated!!!) I know I sound crazy because it is wayyyyyy too early for this to be morning sickness. But I guess all I can do is wait!

Have you ladies had any symptoms? My cramping was only on my right side & was kind of mild. The first few days I had heavy clear CM, but now I feel more normal (almost dry at times.) I had a little more cramping today at work, still on the right side but this time a sharper pinch pain off and on for about two hours, then it went away. And later in the evening the back ache set in (but I work in a factory & am on my feet all night so that could just be work related.) Yawned all night & was super tired when I got home, but again that could also be because of work.

I am trying to keep myself busy. I volunteered for some over time this week, so that should help. I figure not only will it keep me occupied now, but if I get my BFP I could use all the extra $$$ I can get to cover baby expenses. And if I get a BFN :( then I will need extra money to go toward my donor order for my second IUI.

Good luck my new friends! Baby dust to all!

7 days down, 7 to go!
    Keep me posted,
    Tara
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I haven't had any symptoms but I'm also very intentionally not looking for symptoms. I will only pay attention if it knocks me over the yeah, you know? How many times have you ttc?

I know, I can't believe we're finally to the halfway point! Tons of baby dust to both of you!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    abby wrote:
    I haven't had any symptoms but I'm also very intentionally not looking for symptoms. I will only pay attention if it knocks me over the yeah, you know? How many times have you ttc?

I know, I can't believe we're finally to the halfway point! Tons of baby dust to both of you!

This is my first time TTC. I was in a long term serious relationship and we had planned on trying to have a baby together. (I am 34 yrs old.) When that didn't work out, I decided I still really wanted to be a mother. I thought it over for a while and even discussed the idea of using donor sperm with my sister (just to get a second opinion, although I probably would have done it even if she was against the idea,lol) she thought it was a great idea. Only a small handful of people (about 4, my sisters & close friends) even know I am attempting this. I have not told my parents yet, as they are a bit old fashioned & I am sure would have their own opinions about using a sperm bank, but once I can tell them I am actually pregnant they will be thrilled and wont care about that part anymore. So, this cycle was my first home unmedicated IUI. I actually purchased 3 vials & did 3 different inseminations, BUT I think I may have ovulated later than I usually do, so I am not sure any of the sperm would have still been alive to meet the egg. I guess that is probably why I am so desperately trying to put a reason to my "symptoms." But I can't help it. I intend to be a single mommy (at least until a guy who is worthy of being around my child comes along.) And for now, I am just along for the ride!

Tara
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That sounds great, Tara. And I was looking for symptoms the first few times too. It's so hard not to!
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited October 2014
    sounds like implantation to me. I have had that several times from 4-6dpo and was pregnant every time :) it took 3-4 days after spotting to get a + for me.
  • Options
    kristine403kristine403 Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    Hi there, I do not really know what could that be but I think it is best if you are going to visit your mid wife or OB-gyne so that you can have an accurate result of what's going on with your body. Let me also share here with you a site you can use to calculate your ovulation period, good luck. http://www.ovulation-predictor.org/
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Well, tomorrow is officially the end of my TWW. Although, I have cheated & taken a couple of HPTs since about 10 dpo (all BFNs.) The nausea seems to have calmed (but I still get hungry a lot and nauseous if I don't eat at at least something small very quickly) and the headaches are less often now.

I seem to be exhausted most of the time & doing things that require very little effort wear me out.

I have been having very detailed/crazy dreams the last several nights. I read online that "vivid" dreams were common, but I assumed they meant sex dreams. Mine arent like that, just random off the wall (but very realistic & all things that could actually happen.)

2 nights ago, I had a dream I was in the hospital & had just given birth to twins. But the hospital would only let me keep one baby. (LOL, I know.) They wouldnt tell me anything about them. I didnt know if they were boys or girls (ended up being one of each) or even if they were healthy. The nurse just kept asking me to choose baby A or baby B. She said hospital policy would only allow me to keep one baby & if I didnt choose, they would make the choice for me. My family was all standing around & as I pleaded with them to help they were all like "well, rules are rules." LOL. I was crying and told the nurse that my cousin had twins and they let her keep them both. SHe asked where my cousin had her babies & I told her in a near by town, the nurse responded "you should have gone there to have your babies." Then I was crying harder & told her I tried to make it to that town, but I couldnt hold out that long. It was rediculous, I know. But when I woke up, I had tears streaming down my face and had been crying in my sleep.

Today (13 dpo) I woke up feeling depressed for no apparent reason, by the time I drove to work about 2 hrs later I was crying uncontrollably for no reason & had a minor break down in the parking lot in my car. At work I was kind of irritable (little things frustrated me) for about two hours then it was like a cool calm just washed over me. From that point on I felt very mellow and go with the flow. I am due for AF in about two days so this could also be PMS, but the emotional part is not at all typical for me. I usually go from 0 to **** in about 2 seconds and stay there for 3-4 days, until about half way through my period. I usually get frustrated by the smallest things & snap at people without even realizing it, but I never feel depressed or cry. It has been 2 days since I took an HPT & I know it is common for women not to get early positives, I plan to test again tomorrow since it is the end of my TWW.

PS- There is also a funky smell somewhere in my apartment that no one else can smell & it is making me crazy!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok, well, it is about 12:30pm on 14 dpo. TWW is officially over. I tested this morning, still BFN. (I kind of expected that.) Woke up bloated, gassy & crampy (but lower than usual AF type cramps) and suspect I will probably be getting a visit from AF any day (or moment) now. I really feel like I am probably out this month, but you're not out until you're out so I am still holding out hope. If anything this first TTC cycle has been a HUGE learning experience for me and I have learned a lot of things that will help me be better prepared for future TTC cycles. AF should be due tomorrow (Oct. 30th.) If I don't see anything from her before I leave for work I will test again. I have read that some women get regular PMS symptoms (cramps, spotting & all) then never actually get their period. It takes some women longer to get a BFP (some women don't get one until several days after AF was due to arrive.) At this point, I am hoping I am one of those women.

Any luck @abby or @Tina&Shan?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, cheyangel! I got my BFP!!!!!!

Good luck to you!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    abby wrote:
    Yes, cheyangel! I got my BFP!!!!!!

Good luck to you!

Yay!!! Congrats!!! I am so happy for you! Unfortunately, this just was not my month. AF came today (1 day early, I might add & on the exact day my TWW was up.) But I learned so much this cycle. This was my first cycle TTC & my first with IUI. I think I was off from the start and am pretty sure that I missed my ovulation day completely because I did my first insem the first day I got a positive OPK (it was just a faint positive.) I am pretty sure the poor little guys didn't really have a shot at even reaching the egg.

So, since I have this 7 day break (AF) I am taking this time to re-compose my crazy self before I try again for round two. I am going to try this cycle (around Nov 11th) but this time I will only be able to get 1 vial. I am considering doing ICI, since the sperm live longer (hopefully they will have a better chance.) I think I am also going to try temping this cycle and see if that might help me better narrow down my actual point of ovulation. (Although I will have to do some homework on this because I do not know anything about it at all.)

Can I ask what worked for you?