Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Bed wetting

fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Emerson is nearly 3.5 and has been out of diapers during the day for the past, at least 8 months. Several times, with her lead, we have attempted night time. She has 1-2 dry days, then the 4-5am wet bed wake ups start occurring. I know about physical development, and every kid is different, but we aren't quite sure where to go from here, besides back to pull ups. When she wakes up early from a wet bed, she has a hard time going back to sleep and it affects her day (and ours).
How long was this process for you? With jack it just magically happened. He decided and it was. He also can hold his pee forever and I have to coerce him to the bathroom still at nearly 7. Emerson has a bladder more like my own...small and frequent needs.
age.png

age.png

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Kate was dry overnight at 21 months and to this day can go 14+ hours overnight. Def not the norm and def NOT like me! A was very similar to what you are describing. We went through several periods of trying and she would have a dry night or two but just wasn't ready full time yet. We made no big deal out of it and just said we would try again in a few weeks. If she said she was ready we would try again. It happened several times over the course of many months before the pull ups were gone for good. I don't know how old but I would say closer to 4.5. Her younger sister was more like Kate though not nearly as young. I think the keys are to act like it isn't a big deal and that you will try again whenever she expresses interest.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    When we first started doing nights we would go in before we went to bed and take her sleeping self to the potty. She peed, stayed asleep, and was dry all night.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    I still take one to the bathroom when I go to bed. Otherwise, we have about a 50/50 chance of waking to a wet bed. She's been out of diapers for 3 years, but we used pull-ups at night until we figured out the bedtime potty trick.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    My son was such a deep sleeper he still wet the bed until about age 7. Someone suggested withholding fluids towards evening but I myself need a drink before bed so I never wanted to do that to him. I would say just hang in there. Going back to pullups for while isn't that bad at age 3. You are so right kids are different. I do feel making an issue out of the bedwetting is stressing things and may make things worse. I would put a waterproof pad of some sort under her sheets so you aren't dealing with a wet bed in the morning even if you use pullups...even the best brands can leak...hang in there. It will get better.