Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Chalkboard/Magnetic Paint Wall

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
For those of your that have a chalkboard/magnetic painted wall in a playroom .....did you just do one wall, all 4 walls, bottom half of the walls, etc.? To me the whole wall seems wasted because the kids can't reach up there, but maybe not because it would be nice as they grow?

Is it a pain with chalk everywhere?

We are getting to the point of where it's almost time to pick out paint colors for the house we are building, but I'm just not sure how to do the chalkboard paint. A lot of what I've seen seems to be if they didn't do one whole wall, then they framed a chalkboard on the wall, but I don't want to frame it.

Are there any tricks to doing horizontal or vertical lines on walls or is it just as tedious as it seems when just thinking about it?

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have a chalkboard calendar in our kitchen. I painted it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I had been intimidated by the project, but it was fine. I have to say, though, that it's not as awesome as I had hoped it would be. It's messy, I wish I had chalk markers, although I hear those are hard to clean off.. I'm not totally pleased with the shape and layout... In short, I wish I had done chalkboard wall stickers that I could move.
    If I was absolutely definitely going to do playroom, I would definitely NOT do more than one wall. I would rather have a section of chalkboard than the whole room, or bottom half of the room. The kids are not interested in coloring on it, nor are they interested in the stick on chalkboard elephant that we have in another room. It just doesn't occur to them to use it.
    I would really recommend a stick on wall chalkboard.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have the bottom half of 1 wall as a chalkboard. The kids we have range in age from 2-18 and all of them love drawing and coloring on it.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16