Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Power Wheels Dune Racer & Remote Control airplane

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Does anyone have a power wheels dune racer like this: http://www.toysrus.com/buy/thinking/power-wheels-dune-racer-green-w2602-11623311 ?

Aiden has his mind really set on wanting one (and has for over a year, but I told him he had to learn to ride his no training wheels bike first as I was worried he wouldn't have that interest if he has this dune racer, but he's learned to ride his no training wheel bike now, so it's time.).

Does the one linked above go one gravel well? Does it hold up well? We have a lot of gravel here, so I want to buy something that will run well on gravel. I don't imagine we will use it much over winter with it being cold, so in the spring Addy will be 2 1/2.....do you think I should buy a power quad car for Addy or do you think she's old enough where the kids can enjoy this racer car together?

Also, Does anyone have know of a good quality remote control airplane that is simple enough for a 5 year old to fly with help from me of course? Aiden has his mind set on these two things for Christmas and absolutely nothing else.

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November 2014
    We have that exact dune racer. All 4 kiddos love it. The younger ones are all happy to just ride along in it and not drive it. She will not be able to drive it at 2.5 so if she wants to drive you would have to get her the little quad. It drives well on gravel, grass and concrete. It has 2 speeds and the high one is pretty quick. They have a screw you can have in it so it can only go slow until they get used to driving it. We have had ours a few years and it still works great even with the neighborhood kids who are too big for it trying to drive it and often times all 4 of our kids ride in it all at once lol
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    I don't have advice, because we've never had a power ride-on because they were too expensive and just not practical where we live, but I see why he wants it! That looks awesome!!

My son wanted a remote control plane last year when he was 5. I was too worried he would crash it and it would break on the first use, so I didn't look too hard, but I couldn't find anything for little kids. I bought him this car for his birthday and it is really cool - it drives over small obstacles and flips over and keeps going when it hits something it can't cross:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12193827&cp=2255956.2273442.2255971.2257762.2257778&parentPage=family
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    Ronna71Ronna71 Posts: 144
    edited November -1
    Wow! :) It always amazes to hear what others think is appropriate to spend on their children on holidays and birthdays. Although that dune racer looks awesome :) there is no way I could justify the expense. To be honest, even if I could afford it, I wouldn't spend that amount on a young child.

Of course, I am not judging others for what they choose to spend: we all have different circumstances, financial means, and opinions on what we believe to be the correct course of action. I just find it interesting to see how we are all different!

Although I rarely post or respond to posts anymore, I still read the boards several times a week. :) I find it rather sad that this particular board is not as active as it used to be. (Of course, I am guilty of contributing to that, lol).