Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Feingold

fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I went back and reread old threads on this topic, but didn't really get all the answers I'm looking for. I'm curious if anyone did this diet change without purchasing the $100 package from the feingold website?
We think we are going to have to change our lifestyle to this diet, but aren't totally sure if it's the right choice. We are getting desperate though, and need to do something. We some concerns with Emerson's behaviors. We just returned from a 3-day Disneyland trip and we are all a little traumatized by the flight home. Of course we were all tired, but Emerson had the most colossal public tantrum as the plane was landing, as well as one the previous day on the cars ride, just as we got in the car. They almost stopped the ride because of her. And now im wondering if it was that damned bag of apples I brought along with us for "healthy snacks" she ate about 8 small organic apples in the span of 3 days, along with a host of processed, restaurant like foods since we were in a hotel. Just a lot of junk. But I keep coming back to apples since I've read from several families on this site that apples cause some behaviour problems in some kids.
Anyway, her tantrums are the uncontrollable, unstoppable kind no discipline or rationalization can remedy. We thought she was growing out of them until this trip. She is a very different child then jack, more high energy, no sense of danger like street crossing , jumping from high places, etc. she has given me so much grey hair already! On the other hand she can be so swweet and affectionate and cuddly. We want to see more of that side of her.
We don't mind paying the $100, but I'm worried we won't go through with it fully and it will be a waste. I'm going to search for the book at the library and start there.
age.png

age.png

Comments

• Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    There are so many labeling loopholes that you cannot do it 100% without purchasing the program. So she might be getting something that is effecting her and you would never know it and never be able to pinpoint it and remove it. They do a ton of research and you get a 400 page food list of safe foods. It will be overwhelming the first month, no doubt. It is for everyone. But let me tell you, 1.5 years later and I would never ever ever ever go back. Ever. We have a completely different, happier child and our whole family is healthier and happier. It is worth every penny. You should go on the Feingold Facebook page and ask any questions and you will gets tons and tons of positive feedback. It was a lifesaver for us.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November 2014
    Best money I ever spent. I got my child back because of the elimination diet. He isn't perfect this week because Grampy had to feed him snack and dinner three nights in a row while I was at a conference and made a few slips, and it's reminding me of what it was like before. For example, we haven't had ham steak in a year because I can't find the kind without preservatives locally. I okayed my dad getting any old ham. Three hours later, Justin woke up and was up for five hours straight whining and carrying on about his legs being tired but twitchy. He couldn't stop moving them. This is part of how he reacts to some preservatives, and I've learned this because - since removing this stuff from our diet - I've learned that so do I. I no longer get migraines (that was from pepperoni and chips that have bha and bht), and Juliet doesn't have eczema anymore. A few times I've grabbed take-out and had insomnia. We really don't see how this stuff affects us until we take it all away and then occasionally reintroduce it.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    We haven't done Feingold but I agree based on our experience with food intolerances, elimination diet and testing. I've spent a couple hundred dollars on the testing (twice so far because it needs to be repeated every few years) and it was worth every penny not not play the guessing game of an elimination diet.

Not exactly the same I know, but same premise so I would def buy it!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    LindsayLindsay Posts: 201
    edited November -1
    I dont get on here as much but happened to pop in today and couldnt not respond...

Its worth it!!! My L is a completly different child on Feingold...

Cory is right...go check out the Facebook page..It will Answer a lot of your questions....
    Lindsay xx