Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Marriage and Children (hot topic warning)

13»

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    OMG I would love to dismantle so many things and just start over! But if I get the chance and nobody likes it ... it's all Shanny's fault!

Sorry - I could not resist!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    PS - once Shiloh was born no one had any problem with the means by which I got her here. Ironically, I came under heavy fire for my decision to adopt and am still taking cover.
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    Zen wrote:
    OMG I would love to dismantle so many things and just start over! But if I get the chance and nobody likes it ... it's all Shanny's fault!

Sorry - I could not resist!

Haha! Poor Shanny....
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • Options
    PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    Zen wrote:
    PS - once Shiloh was born no one had any problem with the means by which I got her here. Ironically, I came under heavy fire for my decision to adopt and am still taking cover.

Really, that is interesting! I got the opposite..."um why wouldn't you just adopt?" or the "seems selfish when there are so many kids in the world who need good homes."
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Babybaby - I was actually referring to what aplusa said. Though no offense was taken either way.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    I can't use that cool quote thing, so in a sea of 60+ messages I think my "blame Shanny" comment has gone off the deep end.

So, I'll blame Canada.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Well, I haven't seen Goobie on here in awhile so I think you're safe. ;)
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ha ha ha.

Those pesky Canadians!
  • Options
    syoung0204syoung0204 Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    aplusa wrote:
    I can't use that cool quote thing, so in a sea of 60+ messages I think my "blame Shanny" comment has gone off the deep end.

So, I'll blame Canada.

You can quote anything if you leave the "quote box" before and "back slash quote box" after. You'll see what I mean if you reply. You can add an equal sign after "quote" (quote=someone's name) and make anyone say anything ;)

See:
    aplusa wrote:
    Wow, thanks syoung! You are so awesome and the smartest person I've ever come across! I will send you 100$ right now because I think you are so cool! I'm for real! Where can I send it?
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    lmao
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    :)
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Somehow when this thing got to be 17 pages in length, I missed several comments blaming me.

I take full responsibility for my actions, apologize profusely and beg everyone's forgiveness. Except Zen, cuz she started it.

To what Sara291 said that it "actually happens". Once again, that is not the rule. You need to have a little common sense. If I were to get married you can bet your paycheck that there would be a prenup that stated "he" would never seek custody of Kate. If I go off the depend, become an addict etc my parents will take her away in a heart beat, he won't be needed to step in.

Again, this is WHY I am not married or co parenting. Which really begs the question Zen - why the hell do you care? You obviously have no more intention than I do to ever get married and co parent your children so what's all the worry for?

And the fact that you are still "taking cover" for adopting - perhaps you need to do a little housecleaning in the friends and family department that are making you hyper paranoid about what makes a family AND not supporting your choices???
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November 2014
    It is still Canada's fault.

Thanks, Syoung! You ARE the smartest person I (kinda, sorta) know!!

Everytime I do it on my phone, I try to delete the bits of the quote I don't want and I end up going delete happy and then ... Well, then it's Canada's fault.

Edited: to spell Syoung's name correctly.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Stupid Canada!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    hijack #2: holy crap, syoung! that baby of yours is cute! and how is she already 1 month old?!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    babybaby wrote:
    hijack #2: holy crap, syoung! that baby of yours is cute! and how is she already 1 month old?!

I have no clue! It's kind of sad how fast they grow. She's get heavier every 30 minutes, I feel like!

It doesn't seem like that long ago you were posting newborn pics!
    tt1d79f4
    tt1b89c8.aspx