Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

A donor-conceived kid's book for lesbian couples -- super cute!

stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I ran into this super cute kickstarter (I can't even remember how): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439249515/zaks-safari

The book summary is below, but the photos... really, go check them out. So cute. And you guys know how hard it is to find books for our kiddos -- Heather Has Two Mommies is also super long to read every time my 3 year old asks. This one looks adorable, and it has just under three days left to be fully funded (it's so close, just $600 short). The best part is that the books are due to be received by backers in December -- just in time for Christmas. I got two; one for us and one for one of our sibling families. It really does look super cute. :)

~ Sandy

Book Summary

When the rain foils Zak’s plan for a safari adventure, he invites the reader on a very special tour of his family instead. Zak shows us how his parents met, fell in love, and wanted more than anything to have a baby—so they decided to make one.

In the first half of the book, Zak teaches us about his biological origins. Using simple but accurate language, we learn about sperm and egg cells, known-donors, donors from sperm banks, and instructions called genes that make up who we are. Zak's enthusiasm, combined with his scientific curiosity and gratitude for his inherited "awesome genes" make him the perfect tour guide for this contemporary conception story.

The second half of the book celebrates family. Gorgeous illustrations depict Zak and his two moms living the adventure of everyday life: eating meals together, playing at the beach, going for nature hikes and hanging out with friends and family.

It's my hope that this book will provide a starting place for many future conversations with your kids about their donor and conception story. The book is written in a style that is genuine, informative, casual, and easy to understand. It will be most meaningful to kids ages 4-8.
407251321.jpg

Comments