Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Shoe tying

fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Im hooked on Velcro....laces seem ominous. Am I making a big deal over nothing? Anyone have any amazing incentives?
age.png

age.png

Comments

• Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Perhaps a busy book that has laces in it? Silly lace tying games or competitions?

My son and I are struggling with eating. Shoe tying seems so very far away.
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    We can't even get H to put on his Velcro shoes by himself! We're struggling with, "I need you! I can't do it by myself!" Good luck!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    So many factors play into it....they're desire to learn, you're desire to teach, their tolerance for those types of tasks before frustration sets in, their fine motor skills,etc. Our oldest wants to be able to do everything,do it first and do it well. She also has always had amazing fine and gross motor so things come much easier. She was tying her shoes by the time she was 4 and doing it well and fast by 5. #2 has some delay with motor skills and has also never shown an interest at all so she is 5.5 and we have never even attempted to start learning to tie. I have only recently started to think about it because all it would have done in the past was cause frustration. I was thinking of giving it a go over Christmas break when we have time to sit and practice but I suspect she will be 6 before she can truly do it on her own.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November 2014
    Shiloh is 6 and only just shown interest so now she has new sneakers with laces. Depending on who's teaching how to tie, there can be one or two bunny ears. Hoping to make headway with this by New Year's!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png