Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Rosetta Stone (OT)

ZenZen Posts: 2,942
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Spanish version of Roaetta Stone is now down to $200. Any have any experience with this?
AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png

Comments

• Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    As far as those type of products go, Rosetta Stone is great IMO. But if you have any local kid or adult classes available at all (which I bet you do, where you live), the classes & interactions there are almost always going to be more valuable with longer lasting results (stronger neural connections) than Rosetta Stone or any other language learning product, so if you haven't already, I really would urge you to look into it.

Although if you're searching for something to compliment in-person classes, then I would highly recommend Rosetta Stone. I've successfully used bits & pieces of their English language software with kid and adult English Language Learners to help work on specific problem areas they had.
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used Rosetta Stone to learn Arabic before coming to Morocco (where I'm currently in the midst of a 4-week intensive immersion course), and I was pretty happy with it. I did need to supplement with some workbooks to learn the reading and writing, but that was because it's a completely different alphabet. I ended up doing pretty well on my initial placement test here, so that made me feel that the software was a good investment.
  • Options
    ttc.jujubeettc.jujubee Posts: 340 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    See if your local library has access to Mango? It's quite popular where we live. And free, with a library card.

https://www.mangolanguages.com/