Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Car seats - need opinions ASAP please

2»

Comments

• Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited January 2015
    Ha! Was going to say I lasted in that group for less than 24 hours. Talk about b:/$&s!!!!
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    I can also see both sides, but I do not appreciate being told that I'm wrong (with so many exclamation points!) and to join csftl (which I am VERY familiar with, as it's owned by the friend of a friend of mine) when I am positive I am installing my seat the right way. I know it's installed right because I RTFM, of both my vehicle and my car seats. I've had these seats for five years and I know what is required for my particular seats and my car. I appreciate the dedication to car seat safety here but it would be really nice to have the judgement tempered until you know a person and their situation. I am just as dedicated to my children's car seat safety as Flowergirl is to her child's, as I have been for the past (almost) seven years.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    On a funny note, I went to Safekids.org and entered area info to find a certified tech. None listed for Miami, Broward, or Palm Beach. How is that possible?
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited January 2015
    Zen, here is your seat's manual: http://www.britaxusa.com/uploads/products/user-guides/124.pdf

The installation you need is on pages 8-9. Since you said your belt only locks when you brake and that the seat moves around a lot, that tells me you did not pull out the belt to lock it, then get rid of the slack. That is covered in the "before you begin" box on page 8. Of course a certified installer could have showed you this long ago, but it's really not necessary to have a certified installer if you just read the manual and follow the instructions.

ETA: I entered a random Miami zip code at this site and found 9 locations. I hope this helps! http://www.safercar.gov/cpsApp/cps/index.htm
    Jjr6m5.png