Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

My Giant

ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Kate turned 6 on 12/1 (I know everyone says this but it is seriously crazy that I am the mother of a 6 year old!). We had her check up today and she is FINALLY 40 pounds!!!! We've been waiting a long time for that milestone. Ironically she chose to ride rear facing to school and that will be the last time since it is a 40 lb limit. Lol. She's in the 10th percentile for weight, 21st for height and according to the Drs prediction she will be 5"4 1/2' inches. That is interesting because all of the women in my family are 5"2' and I specifically chose a tall donor in an attempt to give her a tiny shot at being over that. All of the women in his family are about 5"4'.
We shall see!

If you are interested in trying to figure it out for your children, here's the math. Male genes (4949 is 6 feet) minus 5 inches so 5"7' average that with female genes (I'm 5"2') so 5"4 1/2' is the prediction. When I was doubtful she said another way is to double their 2 year old height and compare the 2. That also came out to 5"4 1/2'.
image_zps64579b54.png

Comments

• Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Such a peanut. How tall is she?
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    edited November -1
    42 3/4 :)
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    E's numbers don't add up.. Prediction would say 5'6", but doubled 2yo height suggests 5'10", so we'll see!

I cannot imagine Kate's size... E is 44lbs and 44in at 4, so I just cannot picture it at all!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    K&H - wow! My niece will be 8 on the 29th and she weighs 44 pounds. She's skinny Minnie. I don't feel like Kate looks as thin as her weight suggests partly because she's so short but she also still has some roundness to her, which of course I love :)
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Ha, I was thinking H and Kate were maybe the same size because H recently reached the 40 lb mark as well. But she is about 45-45.5" tall. Talk about skinny Minnie lmao
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well as I always say "every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top". Haha

Love comparing all these kiddos as they grow, it's just fascinating how they are all born within the same few pounds and over the years they turn into such individuals (in every way!).

Did you see that 13 - something pound baby was born? We were out with friends the other night and their 20 month old weighs a few more pounds than that!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    For sure Jen :). When's your next Texas trip???

How talk is Tae now?
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't count on anything for Susan yet, babybaby. E was in 6-9mo clothes at 12mos and she's gigantic now!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Once again, Kate confirms that Holden is enormous! He's already 42 pounds and 39 inches at 3.5! But seriously, she's a little cutie.
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Emerson is 40 inches and about 38 lbs at exactly 3.5 yrs, and jack is 47 inches and about 44 lbs at 6 3/4. I can relate with Kate though...i am not quite 5 ft tall and didn't hit 100lbs til I was 30 ish.
    age.png

age.png
  • Options
    JennSMBCJennSMBC Posts: 44
    edited November -1
    Beautiful new pic :) Happy birthday, Kate! Perfect day for a birthday ;) We celebrate the same day.
    BFP 11/28. Praying my rainbow baby is a sticky bean!
  • Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Happy (belated) birthday, Kate! Shanny, gorgeous new picture! Holy wow, she is your spittin' image. :)
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    i totally missed the part about it being kate's birthday and got sidetracked by the teeny stats. lol. happy birthday, kate!