Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Holiday Gift Issues

ZenZen Posts: 2,942
edited December 2014 in Parenting and Life
So… true to form… my little one asked for things that either don't exist, or I have no way of obtaining. Much like last year she has renewed her request for a jaguar snow globe. Our attempts to make one failed. Alternatively, she would like a jaguar that moves just like a real jaguar. I have found toys like this in kittens and puppies, and of course there are remote control cars and trucks, but no jaguars!

Any ideas??
AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png

Comments

• Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Annual pass to the zoo? LOL - best wishes!
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    I googled and found a leopard snow globe. Would she know the difference?
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    I feel your pain. At the top of J's list is a furreal unicorn that we saw on clearance months ago, but I didn't have any money then. :( I didn't think she'd even noticed it, but she describes it in perfect detail. However, it's been discontinued and I can only find it for $50 or more from third party sellers. No thanks.

Also on her list? A real bunny. I'm in such trouble.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Is the issue that the kids think that if they ask for something it is a done deal because it is coming from Santa?
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No done deal from Santa (lol). Shiloh knows that Santa has helpers (ie mommies and daddies). So when presents come from people, Santa shares in the credit. He's like the Easter bunny. Fun to believe in but at Easter you color the eggs - they don't show up magically!

Shiloh knows the difference between leopards, cheetahs, and jaguars but all are liked. I'll take a leopard globe - point me to it!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    alex76alex76 Posts: 79
    edited November -1
    You can find a leopard one at thejunglestore.com.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MNmommas wrote:

That link still redirects to Amazon for me on both my phone and computer. Strange!

Shanny, it's not that they consider it a done deal. My kids know very well that they don't get everything on the list. It's that when they mention only a few things, I want to get them what they want most of all.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mel, did you try copy & pasting instead of clicking the link, or clicking back a page? When I click the link, it redirects me to Amazon too, but then if I click the "back" on my browser, it takes me back to the real page. And before when I opened it, I did it by copy & pasting, which didn't redirect me to Amazon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MN - I clicked the unicorn link and it took me to the page but price was $48.99 :(
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Copying and pasting takes me to Amazon. Clicking back button brings me back here. Just so bizarre.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I don't know what the deal is. Today, I can still go to the page itself, but now it no longer has the option to purchase it. There is a "learn more" button instead of a "buy" button now, unlike previously when it let me add it to my cart for $33 and begin the checkout process (the screenshot I sent you on FB). Maybe it's a good thing that you weren't able to go to the actual page, it all feels pretty sketchy to me right now.

Well, I guess that means you're getting a bunny! ;)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I had concerns about buying from a site that was so difficult to even access. Thanks for the help!

(and NO bunny. Ever.)
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If I can't find jaguars locally I may order the clouded leopard! Thank you!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png