Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Sleep... again... for reals...

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
But this time for a good reason! I've been hesitant to post because I didn't want to jinx anything, but E has been sleeping, well, regularly, happily, solidly, 12+ hours a night for a couple of months now (I think it's been that long). Last time I had posted it was because she was having bad dreams and I wasn't sure we should be talking about them, etc. I deferred to all of you, and H who has more experience with those things than I, and it seemed to be excellent! She has maybe one bad dream every three weeks these days, and she's back to sleep fairly quickly. Other nights she's out by 6:45 at the latest and sleeps until 6:45 solidly.
What I think made the difference? We all talked about the bad dreams and agreed that she and mama would handle them, and they did very well. We also gave her a clock and let her know that she is not to leave her room until it says Seven-Zero-Zero. No getting up until 7:00! It took about a week of reinforcing it, and we had to do a warning system and then take away dresses one per day for every time she came out of her room before 7, this was ultimate torture for her, but then she got it. We also made a list and allowed her to do five "chores" to earn back one dress, it was HARD work, but she wanted to wear her Halloween dresses so she needed to work to get them back.
All of this together managed to shift things and once she knew she couldn't get up until 7 and mama would help her if she needed it for bad dreams, she settled into sleeping and now is AMAZING.

The point of all of this is that it does get better!! It was a long road, and consistent sleeping all night didn't happen until 4.2years old. But we've made it!
Thank you to everyone for all of your patience and support!!
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    that's awesome!!!
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations family!!! Good, sound sleep is a beautiful thing.