Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Babybaby

ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Thanks for the inspiration - not only did we (mostly I) do a huge playroom purge, clean and reorganization but I've been really checking myself with the constant FB checking, posting etc. It really was a wake up call about how ridiculous it is to spend do much time posting about my life and reading others, versus just relaxing and unwinding when I have free time. I won't give it up, mostly for family reasons but others as well. And mostly because I'm the type of person who has to be able to control something or I see that as a complete failure!

Anyway, thanks for the posts that helped bring some of this about!

Want the dozens of toys we got rid of???
image_zps64579b54.png

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I'm not really setting a limit to once a week, day etc. Just realizing when it is interfering with my life and walking away! Also, anything that doesn't interest me or you just know is an internet argument if you keep reading - off limits!! Why the heck I get sucked into that kind of stuff I have NO earthly idea.

Everything that came out of the play room (and the play room purge I did at work) ended up in my guest bedroom. It's a total disaster and is going to take me ages to go through and sort trash, sell, donate. But at least it is done!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    hortonhorton Posts: 67
    edited November -1
    FWIW, if you choose to deactivate your account on fb, it doesn't just disappear. If you want to get back on, you just log back in and everything comes back the same as before. If you deactivate, you won't show up in people's friends lists, people won't be able to search for you, message you, etc, but as soon as you log in again, you'll still have all your same friends, groups, etc. Your content will still be there and you'll be searchable and contactable again. Not trying to convince you to do it, just letting you know that all won't be lost if you do!
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    @horton: thanks. yeah, i have deactivated my account in the past, but i was under the impression a person couldn't permanently delete their account until just recently when i googled it and found that you actually can. my account was scheduled for deletion on january 16th. they give you two weeks to change your mind in. during that time your account is deactivated unless you log in, just like with normal deactivation. i'm not so much wanting to completely disappear from fb as i am just wanting it to not be the center of my world, like it has been.