Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Advice, questions, help I'm New!

NwblondemommaNwblondemomma Posts: 75
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello everyone! :)

I am a newbie and have soooo many questions. This is the month we will TTC!

First of all when should I purchase and have my vials delivered?
What is the life span of the vials? Do I put them in a freezer? (Sorry if it sounds stupid)
Is it weird to see a donors profile and feel ...idk like voila that's the one?
Has anyone use vitex? Read it helps concieve?

I am so scared but so excited! I am nervous and would love any advice and recommendationns! Feel free to suggest anything! Thank you!
TTC
ICI 1/15 - BFN
ICI 9/15 - BFN
ICI 5/16 - BFN
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Both cycles I had my vials delivered 4 days prior to use just to make sure they were there in time. Your freezer is not cold enough to keep the sperm frozen. Keep them in the tank until you are ready to use. Then let them thaw out etc. My friend and I are using the same donor and yes we felt that way after reading his profile. Then after we purchased pictures we were really excited because he has some of the same features we both have. Haven't used vitex. This will be my second rry. But everyone keeps saying try not to stress because it makes ttc worse. Good luck and baby dust!!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    I had worried that I would find it hard to push the button on a particular donor but pretty much had the "yup, this is the one feeling".
  • Options
    NwblondemommaNwblondemomma Posts: 75
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your responses .... As y'all can imagine I have my mind racing but reading through the forum puts me at ease :) :P I just really like the profile of a Donor and will be purchasing the pic and full bio tomorrow ! Excited can't wait!
    TTC
    ICI 1/15 - BFN
    ICI 9/15 - BFN
    ICI 5/16 - BFN
  • Options
    wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone! :)

I am a newbie and have soooo many questions. This is the month we will TTC!

First of all when should I purchase and have my vials delivered?
    What is the life span of the vials? Do I put them in a freezer? (Sorry if it sounds stupid)
    Is it weird to see a donors profile and feel ...idk like voila that's the one?
    Has anyone use vitex? Read it helps concieve?

I am so scared but so excited! I am nervous and would love any advice and recommendationns! Feel free to suggest anything! Thank you!

You should only take them out of the shipping dewar long enough to confirm they are the right vials and right format ( ICI, IUI, etc.) When thawing only take out one at a time unless you are planning to use more than one at that AI.
    I never get hung up on donors, although there were some I liked more than others. If I have hesitation about a certain donor it has less to do with the donor and more about who on the board has used them and has positive results. If I do not like that poster I would not want to have my children genetically related to their donor conceived children at all (IDK if that makes sense ? )

I have used Vitex, it didn't help me conceive but did help me have a longer luteal phase during a stretch of wonky cycles.
  • Options
    JennSMBCJennSMBC Posts: 44
    edited November -1
    Nervouswreck - that makes total sense, and I'm glad you shared! I felt really shallow for skipping a donor for that reason. Glad to hear I'm not the only one :)
    BFP 11/28. Praying my rainbow baby is a sticky bean!