Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

car seat ?

ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
It is too cold to go outside and read the manual. Does anyone know off the top of their head if the pads that go on the straps are required on Britax - specifically Pioneer and Frontier?
image_zps64579b54.png

Comments

• Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    Good question, I'm also curious. We aren't using the pads currently on G's pioneer because they've been on top of the dryer for the last two weeks when we had to wash the seat fabric.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    here is what i found on the britax website:

"Although the HUGS chest pads are recommended for children in the forward-facing installation mode for seats that come equipped with them, they are optional in the rear-facing installation mode where your child is instead cradled by the child seat back in a frontal impact."

i don't have a britax, so i'm not sure this is the same thing you're talking about, since they don't look like something that could be laundered.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think the HUGS are different than the shoulder pads. The Pioneer doesn't come with the HUGS while the Frontier does. I'm having a really hard time finding the answer online.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    hortonhorton Posts: 67
    edited November -1
    I hate the shoulder pads on both Judah's marathon and Willow's Frontier. The straps always get twisted up under them and it's hard for me to see it, especially in Willow's seat since she buckles herself. The hugs pads are a nuisance to me, but not as bad as the shoulder strap pads. (Umm, sorry, I don't know if they can be removed or not...)

(Side note, I know I'll regret asking but you're in Texas, girl! What is your "too cold to go outside" temp?! Schools here have already canceled again for tomorrow because it's supposed to be -7 with a wind chill factor of -20 below!)
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    (Side note, I know I'll regret asking but you're in Texas, girl! What is your "too cold to go outside" temp?! Schools here have already canceled again for tomorrow because it's supposed to be -7 with a wind chill factor of -20 below!)

Dude! Right!?! Us too! Only our schools aren't canceling!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    MNmommasMNmommas Posts: 1,081
    edited November -1
    Right?! We were down to -35 and didn't cancel (but it was "optional" for students).
    Donor 7070, births 2012 & 2013
  • Options
    hortonhorton Posts: 67
    edited November -1
    Yeah, it was "polar vortex" season for two months basically (central Ohio) last year. They canceled a TON in January, but then as the winter wore on they suddenly didn't feel it was necessary to cancel for temps like this. I'm actually a bit surprised they canceled for tomorrow. Everyone was closed Tuesday due to an overnight snowstorm, but they went to school today in a wind chill advisory with sub zero temps. Idk, whatever... Having six kids trapped in the house who can't go out to play will be fantastic! I guess I'd get it more if it were a freak cold snap in an area that doesn't usually have temps that low, but we're no strangers to winter here in Ohio!

Sorry for the threadjack!
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    It was 30-35. I'm a big baby.

What I'm referring to are the "comfort pads" the ones that prevent the straps from rubbing on their necks. Not the hugs.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I'm hoping they're optional because we/Shiloh opted out and I don't know where I put them!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Got an answer from CSFTL facebook page:

They are not mandatory.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg