Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Looking for vials of Donor 8239

jltusseyjltussey Posts: 9
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I am looking for anyone who has remaining vials of donor 8239. I have a daughter by this donor and I am wanting to try for a second child.

If you have any remaining vials you could transfer and sell to me, I would truly appreciate it. My heart has broken since I've learned that my donor has retired.

Please PM me. I'm trying to remain hopeful!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    curlyhdqtcurlyhdqt Posts: 19
    edited November -1
    Just fyi, even though he is no longer donating, this donor has vials being released early Feb. I hope that helps!
  • Options
    curlyhdqtcurlyhdqt Posts: 19
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I spoke too soon, yesterday he was listed as having new vials being released early Feb., but I just double checked and he is no longer listed at all.
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just wanted to say that if you call Northwest and ask, they will tell you if there are any other vials of this donor in storage in the facility. It'll either give you hope of connecting with a family that owns those vials, or if there are absolutely none, at least you'll know and can grieve and try to move on.

Good luck,

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    stwrr wrote:
    I just wanted to say that if you call Northwest and ask, they will tell you if there are any other vials of this donor in storage in the facility. It'll either give you hope of connecting with a family that owns those vials, or if there are absolutely none, at least you'll know and can grieve and try to move on.

Good luck,

~ Sandy

I did call today and they said they listed him as having vials in February but it was a mistake. The remaining vials he has left are only available in Canada.

I also asked if I could be notified if he donates again, other families have vials, etc and they said NO. So my only option is to check their website randomly to see if he donates or comes out of retirement OR they said to post on this forum to see if anyone has vials left they are not using and can be transferred. So that's what I am doing.

I just hope someone out there has the heart to PM me if they are done having their family :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just wanting to bump my post in case there's someone out there willing to sell thier vials of donor 8239.
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    I saw another post that had 6 for sale. Someone said they wanted all 6 but maybe you could contact them and see if they would be willing to share?? Good luck!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
    edited November -1
    I am sending you a pm
    Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
    Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
    Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried
  • Options
    jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
    edited November -1
    My family hasn't started yet, so I'd like to sell to those wanting to grow their current family with 8239. I have 6 vials of this donor, Jtussey may or may not want all 6 so please PM me to check if I have any left, and they are yours.
    Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
    Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
    Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I want them!!!! I sent you a PM.