Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Backless Booster Seats

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Since Aiden has gotten into kindergarten we constantly have another child in our car (either going to our house to play or giving them a ride home). It's normally the same child and we literally live 2-3 blocks from school. The child rides in a booster seat in his own van, but the mom is okay with him just buckling up in our car. The child is obviously quite a bit larger than my little Aiden. However, as much as I take the child and even if it's only 3 blocks in a rural area, I'd like to get a booster seat for him in our car.

What determines if you need a backless vs. one with a back? Are there certain ones that are narrower for 3 seats in a row? I currently have a rear facing radian 100 with the angle adjuster and forward facing radian 100 in my car next to each other, and they are so narrow they aren't even touching! Is there anything that would fit well next to a forward facing radian 100? What about one with a 10 year expiration date because I imagine it won't be used much and Aiden won't need it for several more years?

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    At almost 7 I haven't even considered a backless for Z but that is his regular seat. He is still in a 5 or harness. We did need a back up though. I did a lot of research & bought a Harmony Highback booster as a back up. My sister had to take him one day from school & I here or there have similar age children. It was one of the top suggested for narrowness but with safety. It easily converts from a high back to a backless too. It was not as cheap as most boosters but I feel more comfortable with it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0069SHR4O/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1422044774&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&dpPl=1&dpID=41LmJt0%2B2tL&ref=plSrch
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How old is this child? My granddaughter is almost 6 and still in a 5 pt harness and she will stay in that until she out grows the weight and height limit, which the way she's growing the seat will probably expire before she outgrows it. My 9 yo granddaughter is in a high back booster. I would only buy a no back booster if the child is too tall for a high back one. I hate no back boosters and don't think the are safe.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    On the other hand you can buy a backless booster for less than $30. It does help with the belt placement. We have two in our garage that we have travelled with and use on occasion when we have other kids in the car. Jack is nearly 7 and, 48 in., 47lbs though so probably bigger than your kinder friend. For every day riding we continue with the high back, and harness, I suppose til he grows out of it, or it expires.
    I think backless is better than none.
    age.png

age.png