Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Donor 674 and home insemination

livgurl91livgurl91 Posts: 21
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
My spouse and I are on try number two with donor 674, we are new to home insemination and ovulation tracking, and advise would be greatly helpful. We are very excited to be trying to have a baby and start a family, this donor fit us perfect as it most closely resembles my spouse. Any advise?
TTC #1 Jan 2015- ICI Home 1 vial BFN
TTC #2 Feb 2015 - ICI Home 2 Vials BFN
TTC #3 March 2015- IUI Home (Lucky Number 3 Maybe???)

Comments

• Options
    jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
    edited November -1
    There is so much to ttc that you'd have to ask questions so everyone can know what type of advice you need exactly :-)

Happy that you found your perfect match donor! Baby dust to you, the biggest general advice I can give is remain stress free and don't overwhelm yourself. Stay relaxed so your body can do its best. I am on my second try too, in my two week wait!
    Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
    Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
    Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My spouse and I are so excited to be trying to have a family. I guess our biggest problem is with timing because we are so nervous when to inseminate and not to miss the window. I think that was our problem the first time, we jumped the gun when we thought we got a positive spike. Any tips on how to get the timing down? We got to vials this time so we can try 12 hour after peak and 24 hours.
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you mean by positive spike? Do you temp? What have your cycles looked like in the past? How old are you? Is this your first attempt at pregnancy?
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This is our second attempt. Normal cycle, always 28 days. We've tried temp but my temp fluctuates and this cycle I'm still not recovered from a knee surgery so my temp is high. 23 y/o. It would be my second pregnancy. No fertility issues at all
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Positive ovulation test is what I mean, sorry.
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Being so young and having no known issues I think I would time your vials at 24 and 36hours instead. Younger women tend to have longer time between lh surge and ovukation. And remember that it's not any line like a pregnancy test, the line has to be as dark if not darker than the control line for it to count.
    Good luck!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options

We would like to connect with other donor 674 sibling families! My email address is mayflies51@gmail.com. Please reach out!

• Options

We would like to connect with other donor 674 sibling families! My email address is mayflies51@gmail.com. Please reach out!