Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Reasonable Pay for sitters

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I'm considering having a 10 year old (a very good friend of my 5 year old who potentially would be a very good babysitter for my kids when old enough) come over a few hours a week to help with the kids while I clean. I will always be present as 10 is not old enough to leave alone in charge of kids in my opinion.

What would you consider to be a reasonable rate to pay this child in this situation? A daycare (non center) charges around $2.75 per hour for each child and then some do a discount for the 2nd child around here.
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    We pay our just turned 13 year old neighbor $5/hour for this type of work.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We barter for this type of thing. (All babysitting actually)
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    2mommies2Kendon2mommies2Kendon Posts: 141
    edited November -1
    Well, I've never had a sitter while I was home, but when we leave the house and need a sitter we pay an 18+ year old $9-10/hr when kiddo is awake, and $7-8/hr when he is asleep.