Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Normal behavior pattern?

KariKari Posts: 1,765
edited February 2015 in Parenting and Life
I posted this topic on a forum of parents of ADHD kids and got tons of replies sharing that this is typical for their kids, too. In fact, so many replied that I'm curious if it's a pattern of all kids and not just ADHD kids.

So, here's the same question for all of you. Any of you have a child who acts perfectly for hours while his younger sibling is not around, then becomes impulsive and annoying the second his sibling walks into the room and just won't let up? Or, for single children, acts fine when one parent is around and then exhibits chronic negative behaviors when another adult comes into the home/room?

I'm trying to piece together if this is part of Justin's impulsive ADHD and anxiety or just normal of all kids. Thanks!
100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
r9vOm4.png
Ri4Gm4.png

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    All kids! I can't stand taking Kate to work with me anymore because she's such a different child when around their girls. I have L in the car with me MWF when I pick Kate up from school and it starts immediately. In the 20-30 minutes until A gets in the car I usually have to talk to Kate at least once and then it starts all over when A gets in. I really try to minimize the time we are all together. Monday they are all off of school and I work 8-7, I've been dreading it for weeks. We are spending the day at my house which I hope can help somehow. A similar question was recently asked on the parents fb page for Kate's school. I think the mom asking had kids very close in age to your two but many chimed in with "here too" comments.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, us too. We find it most when we go from two kids to three, or one kid and one parent to one kid and two parents. But, I guess, also when we go to any number of kids and three parents (which happens when the nanny kids' parent is home). Any change in dynamics will lead to insanity.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Yep and certain kids are fine together and others always bicker and pester each other. Add a 3 year old to any situation and it is always chaos lol.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Oh yes! Shiloh is a self contained perfect angel when playing solo. Add one or two kids and the noise and activity level increases exponentially!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png