Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

new users/curious about donors 156R and 5341

tothetreeandbacktothetreeandback Posts: 1
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello we are Joely and Olivia from Michigan. We have been together for about 4 years, purchased our home almost 2 years ago, and we are now ready to embark on our baby journey. As our consultation is approaching, we'd like to prepare as much as possible. Luckily, friends of ours who just became pregnant through the same fertility center and cryobank have been incredibly helpful. We have thoroughly reviewed the donor lists and have narrowed it down to 4. We purchased 2 extended profiles/childhood photos because we felt pretty good about them and wanted to know more. Is there anyone out there with successful pregnancies and healthy babies from donors 156R and 5341??

Comments

• Options
    allie8573allie8573 Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm in michigan too! Let me know if you're going through an RE and you can send me a private message if you want some suggestions. I'm on the east side of the state.
    Lucky cycle #9: IVF Antagonist Cycle in February 2015! 5dt of a grade 4AA blastocyst and got my bfp 5dp5dt
    Ruthie Evan born 10/19/2015 at 36+6
  • Options
    PharmHouseMamaPharmHouseMama Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    My wife and I have a beautiful 21 month old daughter by 5341. We are trying to conceive our second child using the same donor and just got more vials today. Lucky we did... they already sold out and more aren't expected until October. Best of luck on your journey!
  • Options
    StephnHeidsStephnHeids Posts: 407
    edited March 2015
    We're in Michigan as well! Haven't gone to a RE yet, but would love to know where you're going (if you're willing to share :) ). Good luck and baby dust to you!
  • Options
    mausandlodiemausandlodie Posts: 312 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pharmhousemama - sent you a pm :)
    fb07f31c-23cd-4846-9060-8d5113d22bdb_zpsejjbeelw.jpg
    4d79eb04-373b-476e-96e2-4b5387a0f1e1_zpsoeetv1ez.jpg
  • Options
    clfkikclfkik Posts: 9
    edited November -1
    I just did my first try with donor 156R so I'm in my 2WW. He does not have a confirmed pregnancy yet because he is a pretty new donor from what NW said. I think I was the first to buy three of his five available vials when they went on sale back in December.
  • Options
    Rosie & GabbyRosie & Gabby Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    clfkik wrote:
    I just did my first try with donor 156R so I'm in my 2WW. He does not have a confirmed pregnancy yet because he is a pretty new donor from what NW said. I think I was the first to buy three of his five available vials when they went on sale back in December.

Hi there! Did you have success with 156R... I see that he now has a reported pregnancy. We begin trying this month with his vials...
  • Options
    our4everlove6580our4everlove6580 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hello
    We were also wondering how did it go with 156R!!!!
  • Options
    Rosie & GabbyRosie & Gabby Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    We are also in our 2ww with 156R! 1 more week to go.... this is the hardest!
  • Options
    heidi54311heidi54311 Posts: 17
    edited November -1
    I know it's been a while now has anyone here had success with donor 156R now?
  • Options
    MelanieNMelanieN Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    I am currently pregnant using donor 156R (due date 2/19/17). There are a couple of other families also listed in the donor sibling registry from using him.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MelanieN wrote:
    I am currently pregnant using donor 156R (due date 2/19/17). There are a couple of other families also listed in the donor sibling registry from using him.

Congrats!! I'm in my 2ww with donor 156R! How do I find the sibling registry? This was my first iui so a little new at all this.
  • Options
    SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    heidi54311 wrote:
    Congrats!! I'm in my 2ww with donor 156R! How do I find the sibling registry? This was my first iui so a little new at all this.

You can get into the sibling registry once you report a pregnancy.
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SPJ&E wrote:
    heidi54311 wrote:

You can get into the sibling registry once you report a pregnancy.

Ohhh okay makes sense! Thanks!
  • Options
    PollywogPollywog Posts: 13
    edited November -1
    Just a note to say I haven't used the vials yet but I too purchased 5341, as I really liked the profile. I just posted them for sale in case anyone is interested. (see other post in this forum).

I know they have stock now but I understand the donor is no longer donating after this batch sells out.

IN ANY CASE: good luck on the journey! )))
  • Options
    calliebrowncalliebrown Posts: 20
    edited November -1
    I am interested in purchasing 5341 vials. how much are you asking?
  • Options
    chilcote79chilcote79 Posts: 7
    edited January 2017
    MelanieN wrote:

Congrats!!! I plan on using 156r once he becomes available late January. I haven't tried this before so if you have any advice pleas let me know. Still deciding on ici or iui for 156r. Also does anyone have an average for how many cycles it typically takes and should I do multiply Viles per cycle. Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    reednakitareednakita Posts: 104
    edited November -1
    @clfkik Hello were you successful with Donor 156R?
  • Options
    reednakitareednakita Posts: 104
    edited November -1
    @chilcote79 @heidi54311 @rosie Hello did you guys concieve with donor 156R?
  • Options
    heatherduffieldheatherduffield Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Do you have any IUI vials of 5341?