Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

OPK aggravations part II

wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
edited March 2015 in Trying to Conceive
So after last months ridiculous problems with the smiley OPKs I have invested in the First Response lined OPKs. I wanted the cheap dipstick type, however in this backwoods town you buy what you can get. That happened to be the $29.00 opks from first response with the free pregnancy test.
Naturally, thinking I was cunning I would use my last two smileys to confirm I had a positive opk. So today I go and pick up Mr. 9924 at the shipping center and discover to my joy a ziploc of generic opks in the box. Yippee I think, So let the peeing commence!

The results were mixed obviously leading to my confusion.
The first OPK I used was a First Response, I tried it for giggles at noon. It was stark white.
I try again at 5 pm with the First Response and the NW OPK. I figure wth, lets see what develops.

The verdict is in...... The First Response is still stark white. The NW OPK has two lines , almost a positive. So I haven't had to get the smiley out yet to confirm.

I am so embarrassed for First Response and CBE. I mean really, what is wrong with these companies and the defective merchandise that they have been marketing? My cervix is almost fully open, I am getting EWCM and yet there isn't even a faint second line? I would have better luck predicting my ovulation using a shaman.

This OPK nonsense is driving me insane.

Comments

• Options
    KBthelandmanKBthelandman Posts: 71
    edited November -1
    It was nerve-wracking for me to use different OPKs and get a different result with each of them. I used 3 types... CBD (not Advanced), the freebies from NW, and Rite Aid store brand. I had faint almost positive on one, Nothing on another, and a smiley on the CBD. So much stress!!!
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    *sigh* agreed. This was my first cycle testing and it drove me insane! I looked at my sticks now and they were showing positives every 2 days for 8 days but only got one smiley and (thankfully) it went hand in hand with my EWCM. I do think I ovulate early because I had O pain the day I got the smiley and nothing the following days.
    I'll take another cycle to see if with the info I learned this cycle tracking the next is easier so we'll see
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    I've been using the ones from the Dollar Store. Yesterday I almost had a positive. According to my chart on Fertility Friend (I've been tracking since November) I should ovulate on Sunday. So I am thinking I will get a positive today or tomorrow. This OPK nonsense is driving me whacky! I am doing insems in May with one vial and I need to get this pinpointed. Grrrrr!

I've unfortunately been on prednisone for a month due to an allergic reaction to antibiotics and so I feel like that has messed up my cycle at a very unfortunate time too. Thank goodness I'm done with that and can get back to regulating things. *sigh*
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    bananapuddingbananapudding Posts: 78
    edited November -1
    I've been having issues with the cheapie Wondfo strips or whatever they're called. The lines start to get darker, I'll have all the symptoms of O like ewcm and O pains, but the line never gets to positive on the tests. Just almost, but not quite there. Because of that I've been obsessively taking them, practically every time I go to the bathroom and for the last three months I still haven't gotten a positive but I KNOW I've ovulated due to the symptoms. I don't get what's going on with them, but it's starting to really annoy me.

These tests are just plain frustrating.
  • Options
    wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
    edited November -1
    And the saga continues....

I have been testing with OPKs most of the day. The first test I took was at noon I had a two and half hour hold. It is hard to keep track of the exact time since I was popping back and forth over the border and the time changes. It appeared to be darker then yesterdays NWOPK, but not darker than the control line. I forgot to use the smiley or the First Response. But I did have a good amount of EWCM early AM , cervix 100% open .

I tested again at around two and the NWOPK test was lighter then the one at noon. I didn't test with the smiley or the First Response. CM was watery.

I tested again at six and NWOPK and it was even lighter than the test at two. WTH ? I tested with a smiley and a First Response both negative.

At six my cervix is 100%, CM is watery and my ovaries were screaming it's Showtime! I tried to resist the urge to AI , but I knew it was time. I found the vial to have the smallest amount to date, I take that his count must be higher than average to end up with such a small volume. I hope so ! So I did my IUI around nine pm tonight. That's give or take nine hours after the closest positive OPK. I know I will ovulate in the middle of the night. Hopefully by this time tomorrow my egg will be fertilized.

I certainly wish everyone luck with their OPK woes, and fast BFP's !
  • Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    Reading this has convinced me this month to not use two different tests when trying to pinpoint O. I bought CBD and I have a bunch of Wondfos that came with my prenatal vitamins, but I'm thinking now I will use the Wondfos when my fertility app says "almost fertile" and once they start to get a little darker I'll switch over to CBD and not go back to Wondfos for that cycle. I'd go crazy if I had two different results from two different tests! Good luck, everyone :)
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!