Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Landscaping with kids and pets

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to come up with some landscaping ideas for our new house.

1. Is an underground sprinkler system worth the cost?
2. Would you suggest sod or seed for starting our lawn?
3. Is there a budget friendly ground cover for under the swing set other than grass?
4. What are some good shrubs, bushes, or trees that grow fast which I can plant close to the chain link fence for privacy. We plan to have a hot tub but aren't allowed a privacy fence.
5. Has anyone put a trampoline at ground level?
6. We are starting the landscaping from scratch so I'm open to any tips to make it kid and pet friendly.
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    For #4, I put in some really cheap trees I bought through one of those mail order catalogs when I had my house built 10 years ago. They were about 2' tall when I got them and looked half-dead, but are seriously 20-30 feet tall now. I think they were these ones.
    http://www.4seasonsnurseries.com/detail.asp?pid=6761

I need to order more of those. Almost nothing else grew in my crappy, clay soil!
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I'm also curious about #4. Thanks for the info Kari, I may just have to get a few of those for my back yard. How far apart did you space them?
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg