Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

If I had 8 hours to myself, I would . . .

KariKari Posts: 1,765
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Want to answer it? I'm on vacation this week and putting both kids in daycare on Monday and Wednesday. Wednesday I have a dentist appointment right in the middle of the day, so that day is kind of shot, but Monday is wide open. What would you do if you had some time to yourself? I'm still debating.
100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
r9vOm4.png
Ri4Gm4.png

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lay in bed and read a great book all day, take a bubble bath with maybe even a glass of wine in the middle of the day!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go see a movie, eat popcorn without dirty hands in it. Go home a run a HOT bath, facial mask or something similar, shave my legs ALONE. Crawl directly into bed right after the hot bath. With out little boys commenting that I do not have pjs on. After a long nap i would go eat Chinese (egg and nut allergies don't allow for Chinese at my house).
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    oh, wow. go, you! that is awesome! :)

i think i would watch a "big person" movie, drink an adult beverage or two and work on something artistic.
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    I do have 8 hours to myself once every few weeks. It's the only positive of split custody, and just started this past month (before, my ex always worked weekends so I had the kids most of the day on her weekends) and it really helps me recharge. I like sleeping in, taking my time with a nice cup of coffee, enjoying silence, eating food that isn't practical for kids (like taking myself out for pho, which the kids mostly waste so it's not a good financial choice when they're with me), and sometimes I like to go for a hike all my myself.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    Honestly clean & organize :/
    I'm so OCD and try to keep up as much as possible. I like cleaning & have so much I can never get too. Though if I had two days I'd probably also have a good wine or beer & just chill watching movies. I don't ever watch TV with the kids so that would be a treat!
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    i would probably shop or see a movie.
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Sleep past 7 am. Make breakfast for myself only and drink hot coffee while watching any sort of mind numbing grown up show. Go to the beach and not leave my chair except to get a frozen margarita and ice cream. Get a chiropractic adjustment and lunch in silence. Hire a massage therapist to come to my house so I can just roll off her table onto my couch after my 90 minute massage and take a nap.

As you can tell I've never daydreamed about this before....
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I recently had almost those hours to myself when I took a day off while Kate was at school. First time ever. I ended up spending the day in the kitchen. I made salad dressing, toothpaste and other random stuff. For me it isn't about not having Kate (she's an only and old enough to be easy!). It's about a third day off to get stuff done at home. Which makes me realize that I should have done stuff like a massage that I can't do with her. Whatever you decide, enjoy!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Sleep, shop, and get a spa pedicure :)
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    SLEEP

Things are rough on the sleep front here.
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all the great ideas. I slept in a little (because the kids let me), took them to daycare, went clothes shopping and actually tried on a bunch of things, returned a bunch of things to Target then did a little more shopping, got take-out Chinese and ate it while watching a new tv series and movie. When this ends I'm hoping to have a little cat nap followed by dessert and finish the last few chapters of a book I started the other day before picking the kids up.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your vacation sounds heavenly.
  • Options
    scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    Take a bubble bath, shave my legs, put on makeup and actually blow dry and style my hair, get a pedicure and a massage, tan, eat lunch out somewhere with BOTH HANDS, have a martini with lunch, go to a movie, go shooting, come home, have sex with either my wife (if she's home) or myself (if she's not), cook an actual dinner that didn't come from a box, sweep and mop all my floors, pick up dog poo in the yard, mow the grass, come inside and take a hot shower without an audience.....

Geez, I'm out of time now, huh?
    ZVvim5.png