Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

BFP at 11dpo

jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
edited May 2015 in BFP Database
Hi everyone, I can't believe we are finally here!! We had a very very faint BFP yesterday at 10dpo, but you had to put it in the right angle to see a faint line so we didn't count it. Today, at 11dpo its a clear faint line!!! We are so happy and now just hoping for a sticky bean. We are using our favorite. He is our best match in every way. Blood type, personality, looks by description, education and great family history. We have stored vials in hopes of a sibling when its my turn. I don't think we plan to purchase photos but we will purchase the extended profile now that we received a BFP.

Symptoms:
- She had some cramping, and a couple times she said her uterus felt like it was vibrating.
- She had a little nausea yesterday at 10dpo
- Lastly, no usual AF symptoms. Before AF, around 9dpo, she gets mood swings, emotional, cravings, headaches and tender breasts. This time none of that occurred, so the absent of the usual AF symptoms is a symptom lol.

Journey:
Dec 14: 2 IUI at home: BFN
Jan 15: 2 IUI at home: BFN
Changed donor
Mar 15: 1 IUI and 1 IUI-IVF at home: BFN
Break for vacation and research
May 15: 1 IUI and 1 IUI-IVF at home: BFP

Other history:
Age 28. Overweight but healthy. On a balanced diet and regularly exercise 30 mins daily.
Since we started tempting a year ago, we noticed she has regular long cycles and a short LP. Her cycles would be from 35-40 days. LP 8-9 days. She always ovulated on cycle day 28. Due to the long cycle and short LP, she took vitex, and B6, on top of prenatal vitamins. We did this before we started trying to conceive. The vitex and B6 didn't change her cycle length but it isn't harmful so we continued using it for all of our cycles trying to conceive. And once we confirmed ovulation, she used progesterone cream twice a day, morning and at night. AF would still push through around 10dpo.

After research, we decided to take 100mg of clomid and 500mg of metformin. We self-monitored (not advised). April was a test run to try clomid without trying to conceive. We wanted to see what it would do to her cycle and how it made her feel. She took it days 5-9 and it was great! Her cycle was a perfect 28 day cycle and she felt good. We can't confirm ovulation because we didn't used opk or temp daily due to vacation. May cycle we used clomid days 5-9. Metformin twice daily before a meal. And still continued with prenatal vitamins of course. After confirming ovulation, started Progesterone cream at 3dpo we applied it after every 8 hours this time and will continue to do so until 16 weeks pregnant (or when advised by doctor that we can discontinue the cream).

Process:
We tracked her cycles on fertility friend for over a year. Temp every morning at 7am and used opk's to confirm LH surge. We used Wondfo opk and confirmed with clear blue smiley. We always inseminated around 24 hours past and 36 hours past. We always did IUI method and at home. At the end we bought IUI-IVF vials to save money. Ultimately we wanted to use 1 vial but preferred 2 to get a bigger window. So using 1 IUI and 1 IUI-IVF was our cheapest choice. Used safe conceive plus pre-seed so we could lubricate for the speculum to slide in easy. Used a tomcat catheter for the swimmers to be placed as far in her uterus that I could go. It was all very easy. Almost too easy i felt like we might have missed something each time. Thinking it has to be more complicated lol.

I wish everyone the best in the journey to the BFP. Now to hope our bean holds on tight!
Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried

Comments

• Options
    mindystarmindystar Posts: 218
    edited November -1
    Congrats and thanks for sharing :)
    Hoping and waiting to be a Choice Mom/SMBC!
    6/2013 IUI-BFN
    5/2015 ICI-BFN
    6/2015-ICI-BFN
    7/2015-ICI-BFN :(
    My journey now is leading to international adoption...the best of luck to all you mommies out there!
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    yay!!!! CONGRATS TO YOU. I am so glad to hear that someone else has used IVF vials. thats what I have left.
  • Options
    KBthelandmanKBthelandman Posts: 71
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing what worked for you.
  • Options
    flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    Congrats! It was good to read all your experiences.
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    congratulations! :)
  • Options
    jones.mom02jones.mom02 Posts: 295
    edited November -1
    Thank you everyone so much! I'm so happy :D
    Celebrating 10 years together with 2 precious babies.
    Born: Jan, 2016 Home 2 IUI, partner carried
    Born: Nov, 2016 Home 1 ICI, I carried