Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

OPK timing

wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
This month I am trying with 7155 ICI format. The vial according to NW has 22 million, so not great, not horrible. I was hoping to be one of these lucky people that get 50 million a vial. I did find a bag of free OPKs in the dewar. I love these NW opks , they are better the First response brand. I have been testing with the smiley and lined every 3-4 hours the past two days. Last night at 9 PM I test negative I had watery CM , 3 AM this morning I tested negative and tested positive smiley and lined this 6 AM with EWCM 2" stretchy ( best CM in a long time!). I tested again at 11 am and still got the smiley and positive lined.

My question is what should I base my timing off of , the 6 AM positive or the 11 AM ? I have never tested at six am so I am curious if I have always ovulated close to OPK because I tested several hours later.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    mindystarmindystar Posts: 218
    edited November -1
    I am so sorry I don't have any advice for you--I'll be doing my first ici sometime this week *fx*, and hopefully the dewar shows before the smiley on the opk ;)
    Good luck!!! You'll have to let us know what timing you decided on--which one you based it on. If it were me, I'd go with the first smiley--but of course that's from someone with zero experience in this.
    Sending you baby dust!!!
    Hoping and waiting to be a Choice Mom/SMBC!
    6/2013 IUI-BFN
    5/2015 ICI-BFN
    6/2015-ICI-BFN
    7/2015-ICI-BFN :(
    My journey now is leading to international adoption...the best of luck to all you mommies out there!
  • Options
    RedHeatherRedHeather Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should go by the first positive OPK, because that's what the estimated ovulation range is based on (time from beginning of surge). How long the surge lasts doesn't make a difference, so most people stop testing after the first positive -- especially if two different types of OPK both showed positives at the same time.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the responses! I feel like timing 12 hours later will be good coverage. My ovaries are achy. The reason it gave me confusion is that normally , most women myself included wouldn't normally test until about 4 pm or 10 hours later than I tested. So I am thinking this time I caught the beginning of the surge and not the middle or end of it like I normally do.

Good Luck to both of you

Mindystar, so exciting to just start the TTC journey! Enjoy the ride:)
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    I did mine 12 hrs after the positive smiley test. The other test was positive about 5 hrs earlier than the smiley, so I figured it was a good guess. I think figuring out the timing is the hardest and scariest part. Best of luck to you!
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks mommy 2016! hopefully we can both get a BFP this cycle.
  • Options
    mindystarmindystar Posts: 218
    edited November -1
    Good luck to both of you!! 12 hours def gives me something to think about, thank you :) And you're right all the timing for our bodies is hard. Timing for the dewar to arrive in time, but not too early and making sure you time insemination(s) correctly--ugh!!! :D
    Hoping and waiting to be a Choice Mom/SMBC!
    6/2013 IUI-BFN
    5/2015 ICI-BFN
    6/2015-ICI-BFN
    7/2015-ICI-BFN :(
    My journey now is leading to international adoption...the best of luck to all you mommies out there!