Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

My four-year-old son has a mustache?!

sweet sunshinesweet sunshine Posts: 13
edited June 2015 in Parenting and Life
So it is very faint and almost unnoticeable. It is hard to see I couldn't even capture it on camera.

Is it normal to grow facial hair above his upper lip at this age? I am curious to see if there are kids like him out there.

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It can be normal, but it can also be concerning. Is he tall? Does he have other body hair?
    It's worth mentioning to the pediatrician the next time you're there for something else, but likely not worth making a special appointment.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    K&H wrote:
    It can be normal, but it can also be concerning. Is he tall? Does he have other body hair?
    It's worth mentioning to the pediatrician the next time you're there for something else, but likely not worth making a special appointment.

Thank you! I will bring it up next time w his ped. At first I didn't think much of it. But then I started to get worried. He is definitely tall for his age. No other body hair noted.
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you see other body hair, that's when you would call the pediatrician and go for a full endocrine workup. Otherwise it's likely just part of who he is.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    PatienceisavirtuePatienceisavirtue Posts: 777
    edited November -1
    If it makes you feel better my 4 month old had a "blond mustache." It really really looks like one and is quite noticeable when he had milk all in it :P

I hope your child's is just part of who he :)
    TTC #1: 1-5 BFN; 6- BFP
    TTC #2: since June 2016...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you. That's really good to know. I hope it's part of who he is. Maybe it's never apparent till now.

I do feel better knowing there are other babies/toddlers like him. We laughed together about his "mustache"
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    My adopted son is African American. He has always been a bit hairy too. My other Afr Am boys weren't. He is almost 10 now and is finding lots more hair other areas :) I never thought it was anything to be concerned about if you find it is pass the info. along.
  • Options
    FutureSMBCFutureSMBC Posts: 1,018
    edited November -1
    My sister and I have been waiting for seven years, since my niece was born, for her to notice her mustache and ask to get it waxed.
    I does sound horrible but we in NO WAY talk about this with her. It's a little joke we have amongst sisters because we wish my mom would've allowed us to remove hair when we started noticing.
    tt1d429d
    TTC since March 2015: 5 ICIs & 5 IUIs -all BFN
    July 2016- IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel - converted to IUI- BFN
    Sept 2016-IVF w/BC/Lupron/Gonal-f/Ovidrel- Two 3d ET- BFP @ 9dp3dt, Beta#1: 209 @ 12dp3dt, #2: 782 @ 15dp3dt - EDD 6/3/17 - It's a Boy!