Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Carseat question

gprime11gprime11 Posts: 228
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Just wondering if any of you have used a rear facing convertible seat of any type in the front seat of a pickup, and if so which one might work best for driver visibility? This is not an everyday travel option for us, but we are down a vehicle and may have to pick up my son in the truck 1-2 days a week until we get another car. He has outgrown the infant seat that fit in the truck really well in the past, so I'll need to get a new seat for a second car anyway.

Comments

• Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I have not ever used a seat up front, but I would think the Diono Radian (without headwings) would be one of the trimmest options. The sides are low profile, so I think would allow for more visibility than seats with deeper sides.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think that is the one I'm leaning towards. The radian r120. I'm worried about the back to front room that it takes up and the top of it hitting the dash or windshield. Wish we had a dealer in town so I can put it in and see before buying it.
  • Options
    PotandlidPotandlid Posts: 350
    edited November -1
    We have a compact car and the radian rxt and it fits well but doesn't leave a ton of front seat room. That being said, it has an angle adjuster that we have but haven't installed yet. It looks like it will make a lot of difference!
    August arrived 10/2/14.
    c11a0a2c-f693-4313-b267-ad5fc4be924e_zpsgcimgwso.jpg

Follow our journey at: www.potandlidmakekid.wordpress.com
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    The r100 I think has less headwings stuff going on therefore probably easier to see over. If you order from Amazon you can easily return...I've had to do it.

gprime - the AA for the radian makes such a big difference!!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will definitely get the angle adjuster! Thanks guys.