Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

positive opk

smith.marquita2smith.marquita2 Posts: 13
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Got a positive read last night and this morning.
When should we inseminate?
Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    neumeyer84neumeyer84 Posts: 248
    edited November -1
    It varies. Every woman is different. Some people ovulate 12 hours after a positive some 24 some 36 or sooner or later.

Theoretically you should go by your first positive and not worry about testing after that.

Just a stab in the dark- but if your first positive was 12 ish hours ago?? Maybe an insemination tonight at 24 hours past of tomorrow morning at 36 hours past?

A lot of women choose to temp track to see how many hours after their positive ppl they actually ovulate.

Good luck!
    TTC #1
    7 plus iui- all BFN
    On to IVF this June!!!
    IM PREGNANT!!!!:))
    http://s964.photobucket.com/user/neumeyer84/media/IMG_0192-2_zpsgqdxmihe.jpg.html
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How do I track my temp?
  • Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    its too late to do temp. you had to follow your cycle a few months to know your norm.
    forgive me if I come off harsh but how were you thinking this would work if you planned to just wing it?
    you have to know your ovulation norm, schedule- then you inseminate off that. if you just throw sperm in there that was frozen without much thought, you are unlikely to get pregnant and you just wasted alot of money.

this takes some practice and time to get a hang of. you cannot learn it all the day of.

my insem time is 8 hrs after + and another at 12-20 hrs after +. I base the 2nd one off cramps.
  • Options
    hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    Hope you find the right insem timing! As said above, it is totally different for everyone. Use the OPK, but then it's also helpful to look for other fertility signs such as EWCM (if you typically get EWCM). With my BFP cycle in May, we planned to insem at 24 hrs past OPK and at 36 hrs past OPK. However, I had EWCM at 11pm, which was 31 hrs past OPK, so we skipped the 36 hrs and did it right at 31 hrs. BFP that cycle. Might have still gotten the BFP at 36 hrs, but who knows. I'm a firm believer in trying to trust your body, and also looking for signs (temps, ewcm, feeling sexier, etc.)
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've been tracking my cycles for a while now.
    We conceived the first two babies the first time using IUI but I just want to make sure my timing is still right do I figured I would ask others. I'm supposed to ovulate Saturday. I always feel when it is coming the day before.