Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Scary weekend with a happy ending

JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
edited August 2015 in Pregnancy and Babies
So this weekend, we had one of those super scary moments in pregnancy. After getting home from running errands, I discovered I was bleeding. After having a momentary freak out, I realized that I wasn't actively bleeding and there was no clotting or cramping so that helped calm things down a bit. A quick call to my OB's office and an early ultrasound was scheduled Monday. Everything is fine. I had a subchorionic hemorrhage but it's small. A few days of rest and it should go away on its own.

But as a result of this, we were able to see our little one a week and a half early. The baby's heartrate was 123 bpm and it's measuring a day ahead (6w4d instead of 6w3d). And all of my concerns about making sure my wife felt included in the pregnancy vanished during this ultrasound. Once she saw that tiny flickering light on the ultrasound monitor, she started tearing up. This kid already has her wrapped around its not yet formed fingers.

We'll be seeing the OB again in a week.
LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.

Comments

• Options
    flashpackerflashpacker Posts: 363
    edited November -1
    So many people getting scares with bleeding lately it seems! Super pleased you got to see the heartbeat and that little one is safe and sound. Congrats!!
  • Options
    merryshannonmerryshannon Posts: 503
    edited November -1
    Oh my gosh I am so glad that everything is well and you got to see your little one early! That little flicker is the most amazing thing in the WORLD, isn't it? I was literally laying there with my mouth hanging open... So happy for you guys <3
    2ekr8s1.jpg
    Early ovarian failure. 4 failed ICIs, 6 failed IUIs. Donor Egg IVF in Greece: IVF#1 12/2014 - BFP, miscarried at 6WK3D. IVF #2 4/2015 - BFN. IVF#3 7/2015 - BFP. Baby boy Searc born 4/8/16 - 9lbs, 2 oz <3

TTC Blog
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I'm glad everything is okay! Many of us know how that panic feels. Try to relax. :)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    JandRVAJandRVA Posts: 298
    edited November -1
    Honestly, seeing the heartbeat was one of the most incredible things I have ever seen in my life. It was just a relief. I'm so grateful that the OB's office was able to fit me in for a last minute appointment.
    LKkRm4.png

Trying for Baby #2: 4th IUI June 2016 - BFP!
    Sweet little Rose was born on Feb 25th
    Baby #1: Lucky #7 July 2015 - BFP
    Our little girl, Hope, was born at 20w4d after PPRoM. She passed away 2 hours after birth.
  • Options
    Jen&TiffJen&Tiff Posts: 156
    edited November -1
    I'm so happy everything is going well! Congratulations on that beautiful heartbeat!
    Trying since June 2015 for baby #1. Took a break for 8 months and are trying again!