Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Tests

ScorchkatsScorchkats Posts: 77
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I'm hoping for some help with some difficulty we've been having with the Clearblue Advanced ovulation tests. I'm using the ones that show 4 fertile days. I have used these tests for the past couple months, and the first month I used the 2 fertile day tests. Here's the breakdown of my testing and cycles: July I started testing (with the 2 day test) on the 17th and did it every day until the 26th. The 25th and 26th I had light spotting in the morning, but nothing afterwards. The 27th I started bleeding more heavily, so I stopped testing. July I didn't have any high fertility alerts.
August I started testing on the 12th with the 4 day tests, and showed high fertility on the 13th, 14th, and 15th. I started spotting on the 16th and 17th and thought it might have been ovulation spotting due to my testing from July, but then started bleeding heavier on the 18th.
This month I started showing high fertility on the 5th and am still showing high fertility as of today. Based on last month's testing I thought I missed my peak fertility at some point in the night. I had tested in the AM and PM, but not late in the night. So this month on the 2nd and 3rd day of high fertility I tested 3 times a day, with the last test being at 12 or 1 AM. I haven't started my period yet, there's no spotting, and I still haven't seen the peak fertility.
I'm thinking, based on my testing, that one side is ovulating differently from the other side. Since I didn't start testing in July until the 17th, it makes sense that I missed the ovulation since this month it's so early. My wife and I will be trying 2 vials for an IUI in October and are trying to figure out when to have it shipped. I was thinking that I can start testing for ovulation on the 5th of October, just in case it's not changing every other month, and since I've been showing high fertility for so many days- it would give us enough time for shipping. If I don't show high fertility at the beginning of the month, then I would know that my ovulation for October would coincide with August and I should reach high fertility around the 13th.
Does this sound like a plan that makes sense? Is there a better way? Should I be worried that the tests haven't shown peak fertility??? Help!

Comments

• Options
    b&kmakebabiesb&kmakebabies Posts: 818
    edited November -1
    Do you by chance have PCOS? I've heard the flashing smiley ones don't work for those that do...

Also, I wouldn't go by when you get the flashing smiley for when to order necessarily. I've been using these tests for quite a few months and always have a flashing smiley. This month it went from a blank circle to a solid in the same day. Granted, I was on Clomid, so that may have messed things up...
    Cnc9m5.png

TTC from 06/2015...Baby M born 11/24/16!
  • Options
    ScorchkatsScorchkats Posts: 77
    edited November -1
    Hi. I didn't realize my post actually went through. I kept getting an error message, so I'm not surprised to see it posted so many! Sorry though!
    I actually do have PCOS but haven't had a problem with the tests. They've been negative and then flashing smiles every month. The only issue I had was with the non flashing smile. Although, we inseminated this morning and yesterday afternoon, and I've been feeling different ever since the first one. Cramping and just all around weird feeling in my lower stomach, and then nausea and smell aversion today in evening. I know some people have had symptoms this early so I'm very hopeful, but still cautious of course...
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    just an FYI because I did not know this: you cannot use the same reader once you get your solid smiley. It will continue to show up with a flashing smiley even if you use water. Yes I tested that theory out :)
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT