Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

It's time but like cutting my arm off!

old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I have super long hair..can easily sit on it and so does one of my disabled daughters. She will be 17 next month but super tiny and petite. My years of battling her hair is nearing an end. I am taking her for a haircut. Any of you get too emotionally involved with your kid's hair?

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Oh yes! Mine will soon be 7 and about a year and a half ago I trimmed her hair for the first and only time. The length in the center was two inches longer than the rest so I felt I had no choice. But that part was the lightest blonde and had the most darling curls. I still have scissor-remorse. Not cutting again for a lonnnnng time!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not me! I have short hair and E decided about a year ago that she wanted short hair. After about two months of her asking for a haircut and hair "right to my chin", we got it cut into an adorable stacked bob. She loves it and asks about every six weeks to have it cut again.
    This is how she likes it best:

19966747138_21e807a4a1_n.jpg
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    After another battle this AM I am losing the remorseful feelings and am excited for her one less stress in our day.
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I was until I got tired of Juliet crying every morning when I tried to comb it. It was only shoulder-length, but I cut it to chin length and we both like it better now.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I love Kate with long hair (she reminds me of Jennifer Anniston!). And we never have hair battles because she never has tangles since it is so thin and she has brushed it herself for years. So I was said to see it go but it grew all the way back in 1 year then she wanted it cut off again. So I got over it pretty quickly because it makes her happy to be able to decide for herself.
    image_zps64579b54.png