Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

"newbie" best timing using 3 iui vials

myblessinmyblessin Posts: 92
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
we plan on doing at home iui using 3 vials.i think since its sooo extremely hard to pin point exactly the perfect time to inseminate having 3 vials would give me a better chance.

im currently using the cheapies then once they get dark i switch to the cbd,once i get my + when should we inseminate.

if you've got your bfp from this method we would love any & all advice from you
baby dust to all

Comments

• Options
    ljimpey86ljimpey86 Posts: 387
    edited November -1
    I don't have quite the same situation as you, but I did an ICI 8 hrs after my positive opk, then did the IUI 20 hours after the positive opk. I believe that the IUI is what stuck because I can feel myself ovulate and I did the IUI at 11:45am and I ovulated around 2-3pm that same day. Hope this helps! Good luck to you!
    Wife to DH with hypopitutarism and azoospermia
    TTC~
    Try #1 ICI 8/15 -BFN
    Try #2 ICI & IUI 9/15 -BFP!

Abbigail Helen born 6/5/2016 7lb6oz
  • Options
    jajumommy2000jajumommy2000 Posts: 445
    edited November -1
    I dont have the same situation but I've always done iui at 30 hours after trigger, which ends up being 12 hours after actual O. It worked with both bfps. One was a cp and I'll find out if this one sticks tomorrow.
    Shilo 40 :( (me) Tony 44 (DH) DH Vasectomy
    1-3; 5-6 iui-BFN 4th iui-BFP!!!!! cp 4w3d 7th IUI 9/26-BFP!!!! cp 5w2dthumb.png
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks so much you guys any info helps as you know trying to figure out the right time is sooo stressful
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hopefully u have a sticky bun this time
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    One of the best "helpers" for us has been the speculum. This in addition to opks has allowed us to get our timing down and know I ovulate really closely to +opk. The first cycle we ever tried was with 3 vials and we did the 12, 24, 36 hours past. This didn't work for us. The next cycle we used a speculum and realized everything was done, literally closed up by 12 hours past +. So we ended up doing 2 vials our next cycle one right before we got a positive with the smileys, but we knew it was getting closer based on the cheaper lined tests, then we did our 2nd vial shortly after positive, maybe 2 hours past. Bfp. For our 2nd pregnancy we did one vial at positive opk and this worked. I know not everyone ovulates so closely to +opk, but some do. It's great to have the sperm in there waiting to meet up with that egg. While the life cycle of the sperm seems to vary depending on what you read we assumed we had 6-12 hours and with the egg we knew we had 24. The speculum will help you determine what's going on along with the EWCM. It can be tricky and stressful trying to get everything timed just so, but you can do it! Have fun with it and all the best to you!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks to amazon we have two speculums small & med to see what works best..since af is gone now tomorrow im gonna have my wife take a peek @ my cervix & then again when i get my smiley face so she will know the difference & take note of open os....from all the different advice im leaning towards doing 1 insem when my cheapies get dark & then 2nd 7- 12hr pos opk 3rd 24-36hrs or when/if i have o pains...
  • Options
    andrea1281andrea1281 Posts: 128
    edited November -1
    For my daughter, we did one at positive OPK, one 12 hrs past, and one 24 hours past. Good luck and baby dust!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    andrea1281 wrote:
    For my daughter, we did one at positive OPK, one 12 hrs past, and one 24 hours past. Good luck and baby dust!

so you guys did more like 1,12,24.....what time did you use for your 2nd bundle of joy i see your 2nd you also got a bfp congratulations...
  • Options
    hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    Totally depends on your body. Do you have the funds to repeat the 3-vial process each month until BFP? I ask because if this is your first month, you may want to limit to 2 vials (or even 1) in case your timing is way off. For us, we did some months with 1 vial and some months with 2 vials. We never used 3, simply because that seemed like overkill to me if we are pinpointing O. With my wife, we could never pinpoint her ovulation. Her cervix was not very cooperative, and temps only showed O after the fact, so then it was too late. With my body, O is like clockwork. I can feel it happen and we had a really clear plan based on OPKs. It worked with 24 hrs and 30 hrs. (I think the insem at 30 hrs was the winner). That's just my body though. Some people like to do 12 hrs and 24 hrs, or 18 hrs and 36 hrs. For me personally, I think 36 hrs would have been too late, because I felt O right at 30 hours. Good luck!
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • Options
    diane&tammydiane&tammy Posts: 1,467
    edited November -1
    I really depends on if you know when you O. Both times I got pregnant, once without trigger and one with, were right around the 24-28 hour mark. I know from temping that I always O around then. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    if it doesn't take our 1st try then we'll try 2 vials the next time...temp for me is hard to keep track because of my wk schedule & even then im not sure when i O til afterwards,which is why i wanna try at least 3 that way even if we insem a little early I'll still have 1 left to insem around ov pains
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think we got really lucky with our 2nd. We did one vial at + opk and got BFP on the first try. I just did my first insem this cycle for #3. It was at about 5 hrs after + opk due to work. I plan on doing one tomorrow morning and tomorrow evening. This is cycle #3 trying for #3 so I'm hoping this is it this time. I hope all this helps you figure out your timing! Baby dust to you!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    andrea1281 wrote:
    I think we got really lucky with our 2nd. We did one vial at + opk and got BFP on the first try. I just did my first insem this cycle for #3. It was at about 5 hrs after + opk due to work. I plan on doing one tomorrow morning and tomorrow evening. This is cycle #3 trying for #3 so I'm hoping this is it this time. I hope all this helps you figure out your timing! Baby dust to you!

thanks for all your help & hope you get your bfp!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you! You too!