Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Anyone using known donors out there?

old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
We have had several in the past. I have an opportunity to use one in November. Since the sperm I want to use won't be available again until almost Febr. and who knows if I will get it then I am really considering it.

Comments

• Options
    MareMare Posts: 193
    edited November -1
    I used a known donor for my first who is now 7 but unfortunately the donor died unexpectedly when I was 12 weeks pregnant with my son. I then switched to NW and tried 5 months with frozen sperm with no success. I decided to give another known donor a try and got pregnant the first try.

I do take precautions and go through a dr. for the insemination and for all the testing. This way the dr. marks it donor insemination and we get a contract through a lawyer. I think if using a known donor it can be great but you should take precautions such as contract, maybe dr assisted to finalize the donation part, and genetic and std testing.
    SMBC to a fun, outgoing, crazy big 7 year old boy
    TTC#2
    August 2015: BFP!!!

tt1ca64f.aspx
  • Options
    jajumommy2000jajumommy2000 Posts: 445
    edited November -1
    My 1st dh offered if that counts, lol.
    Shilo 40 :( (me) Tony 44 (DH) DH Vasectomy
    1-3; 5-6 iui-BFN 4th iui-BFP!!!!! cp 4w3d 7th IUI 9/26-BFP!!!! cp 5w2dthumb.png
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My friend has readily agreed. I barely had the question out of my mouth and he said yes. But I told him I want him to think it over for a couple more days to be sure. The last thing I want is regrets..or to have $300 worth of fertility meds in me and he backs out. I won't get my dark haired, dark eyed baby I dreamed of as he and his family are blonde/blue eyes...my hair darkened but I was blond/blue eyed as well when I was young. Oh well, a good friend of mine keeps telling me after every mc, bfn or disappointment that she believes things happen for a reason..sometimes I do want to plow her though :)
  • Options
    alcd39alcd39 Posts: 143
    edited November -1
    We haven't use a known donor but our exbrother in law has offered. We would love to use him but my dw's sister is concerned about how it will effect her and her daughters life.
  • Options
    2texasmoms2texasmoms Posts: 299 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    old mama wrote:
    I won't get my dark haired, dark eyed baby I dreamed of as he and his family are blonde/blue eyes...my hair darkened but I was blond/blue eyed as well when I was young.

You never know! Our donor is dark and our son's eyes are dark, but his hair is BLOND. No clue where he gets it because there's no blond hair in my family. So you never know! :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe..there may be someone in their past with dark hair. I am excited about trying again sooner and my donor is such a great guy. If he wants it to remain a business transaction fine if things change later that would be fine too. I have known him all my life.