Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Back and ready to have baby

alcd39alcd39 Posts: 143
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello everyone! We took three months off with the plans of moving forward with adoption. We spent a lot of time researching and talking to different agencies only to decide that it was right for us, at least not yet. We are not ready to give up on the idea of having a biological child.

So here's where we need help. We have priced out IVF here in Missouri with med's it looks like it will cost $15,000. Do anyone have any recommendations of somewhere cheaper either in the us or abroad?

I am also willing to switch jobs to attain insurance that cover IVF. Does anyone know of any companies that offer insurance that covers IVF?

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited October 2015
    Did you try with Sher Institute. out of St. I don't think it was that much. I think around $10,000 and they will work with NW. They have seminars you can attend where they actually give away an IVF just for attending. The initial appt. is free to go over all your records and what you have done before. You can download the paperwork, scan or fax it to them and have an appt. over the phone. They will give you up front what the costs will be and what the plan is. You don't have to have testing done there either but they were cheaper than what I could find locally. They have helped make miracles. I know as a friend of mine went there after going multiple places and having multiple miscarriages and she has 18 mo. old twin girls now. On their website too are a few places that offer low interest medical loans and there is also a program that you can try to get on that offers "scholarship"-like funds for families in need. Hey, it's worth a few minutes on the internet to look into. I was going to go to Cancun Mexico. I had it all set up and everything but I chickened out. They were much cheaper than the US.
  • Options
    grovehill123grovehill123 Posts: 404
    edited November -1
    Starbucks has IVF coverage. The cheapest place in US I know is CNY in New York State.
  • Options
    hoping4number2hoping4number2 Posts: 321
    edited November -1
    Where in MO?
    16bdg7b.jpg
    Baby #1: April 2011 TTC #2 since 2014 Attempt #10 = BFP! Baby arrived January 2016
  • Options
    alcd39alcd39 Posts: 143
    edited November -1
    Kansas City. I guess I made that soundd like I priced around the whole state. We just priced around Kansas City. I looked into the Sher Institute like Old Mama said. I have a call into them in St. Louis, just waiting for a call back. My wife will think i am crazy but I totally just applied for a job at starbucks. Thanks for your help guys!
  • Options
    perfectmillionperfectmillion Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can get a job in the health insurance industry, many of those include IVF coverage. (Ours does and I have a couple friends at competitors and theirs do as well.) If you are in the Kansas City area, I know that there's at least one major insurance company that staffs in the area.
  • Options
    PeasAndCarrotsPeasAndCarrots Posts: 41
    edited November -1
    I have heard that Walgreens offers coverage for IVF, but I do not know it to be certain.

I had IVF in Northern NJ. I paid $9500 cash for monitoring, medications, retrieval, icsi, embryo biopsy for PGD, 6 day fresh transfer, plus I paid another $2200 for the PGD test itself. But the PGD is optional. If you would like more information, you can PM me.
    6/2006 IVF... BFP m/c @ 6 weeks
    12/2006 FET... BFN
    Took a LOOOOOOOONG break
    4/2014 IVF... BFP m/c @ 9 weeks... 3 frozen embryos left
    5/2015 and 6/2015 IUI with Clomid... BFN
    8/2015 IVF... BFP Due 5/13/2016 with a boy!
  • Options
    handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    This website lists states that require coverage. I was recently thinking of changing to a national company based out of Mass for this reason.
    http://www.resolve.org/family-building-options/insurance_coverage/state-coverage.html