Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

First broken bone

sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Emelia fell and broke her collarbone today. First of all the kids to break something. I was in a different room but apparently she climbed up on a kitchen chair and leaned over so Riley went to grab her since he thought she would fall but he said she was slippery and dropped her on her head :( I noticed something wasn't right and took her to the doctors. She has sling now for 2 weeks and I have to make sure she takes it easy which is so hard. She is a climber and falls at least once daily.

It wasn't until tonight that I found out she went head first. I was like 10 feet away in another room but missed it. I found her on her back but her left side of her face was very red like it was hit on something. Hoping she sleeps okay tonight.

Comments

• Options
    tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
    edited November -1
    so scary and hate that feeling of not being able to know exactly what happened or how to replay it so it would not have happened. its done now. hope she heals fast.
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awe poor little thing. Hope she was able to get some rest.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Poor baby. Those things happen. Only broken bones here was a toe. But plenty of stitches! Have been to ER with the kids many times.
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    My only broken bone was also a collarbone at 2 years old. They heal nicely, even with an active kid. I hope she's feeling better and can be nice and calm to help the healing process!
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png