Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

first month w out clomid... WWYD

tinydancertinydancer Posts: 1,210
edited November 2015 in Trying to Conceive
what would you do?
i had several losses this yr. all mostly with clomid and one w out. some chemicals one at 8 weeks where baby passed away at 6 weeks. clomid has always been 12.5mg to 25mg.
Im in another country right now so I cant try and Im having symptoms of ovulation with pain but not very strong. I plan to try next month and Im 40. so I can use clomid to get more eggs as many may be bad DNA or i just dont get many that will be viable or good. OR I can just try a natural cycle.

I do ovulate most months. but when we did a scan, I had few follicles as compared to a younger woman. but with clomid I feel strong O pains and thats reassuring that I have a better chance.
last cycle I took 25mg and got pregnant to and it was another chemical.
again, I have very low egg reserve. I need progesterone to say pregnant.

I could also up my dose from 25-50mg. I tend to do day 5-9 or 6-10. but the one cycle I had the best luck with last yr was 12.5 mg and I was pregnant until 9 weeks and had unusual medical complications and opted to terminate. (sorry thats even hard for me to say) so I can get pregnant with a healthy baby however, its just not happening again.

also, I just left my state with the dr I used as a back up so Im all on my own. I have 50mg clomid in hand. just ovulating now so planning for mid Dec

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I don't have advice. I have struggled with this too. I can't get PG without the clomid. My clomid dose was 150mg per day. I know you have been going through an awful time with you loses and I hope you are able to get PG and carry that baby to term really soon.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well next month would be ideal cause its the birth month Ive always wanted too. August. even tho I ovulated it felt VERY weak this month. very few symptoms so I will indeed use it, I think at the higher dose of 25-50mg and now I just need to decide the days to take it. so much controversy with 2-6 or 5-9 or 7-11. earlier gives you more eggs later gives you stronger or better eggs but less
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    What if you tried the clomid days 3-7 giving the follicles a better chance to mature and for a longer period.
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ty. thats what I was thinking too. cause I never did it earlier than 6-10 days I guess. I looked. so I can do 2-6 or 3-7. Im a tad worried about multiples but I will take that over NO baby.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i went with 2-6. the month I didnt take clomid, I didnt even ovulate. I started bleeding at 3dpo. then I had a full bleed at 10dpo with a short period.

so I opted for the 50mg at day 2-6. I so hope this works. I need a few follies and I have no monitoring so I will have no clue.
  • Options
    ahk00ahk00 Posts: 1,420
    edited November -1
    Good luck! I do hope you get your BFP!
    SMBC: TTC since 12/2014: 3 home attempts: 2 BFN & 1 chemical. 3 medicated Dr assisted IUI's: 2 BFN & 1 BFP (04/24/15) with twins in May (new donor) MC with D&C @ 9w. 4th IUI 09/17/15: BFN. 10/15: hsg good. 11/15: BFN. 01/16: BFN. 05/16: Embryos arrested. IVF failed 06/16: KD BFN 07/16: KD BFN 09/16: IUI #7 with donor sperm BFP-MC at 9w w/ D&C. 02/17: diagnosed with hetero compound MTHFR & clotting mutation. 03/09/17 IUI #8: chemical pregnancy. IUI #9: 04/19/17 BFN LOOKING FOR EMBRYO'S TO ADOPT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    me too :) thank you. Im cd6 now. just finished my last clomid! onto the next round
  • Options
    momsquaredmomsquared Posts: 59
    edited November -1
    Huh, I never even realized anyone took lower than 50 mg. Guess you learn something new every day! I would do days 3-7 to create more follicles. I always had a ton of follicles and always just one baby :)
    Good luck!
    December 2016 Ages 9,7,5 & 3
    IMG_4148.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yeah 12.5 and 25mg gave me terrible ovulation pains and one month I even overstimmed. but this month I did do 50mg. days 2-6 to get more eggs. I hope it just releases now. I never took it this early. I usually only do day 6-10 or 7-11. i know odd but thats whats gotten me pregnant 6 times this yr. i only get 1-2 follies tho