Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

baseline ultrasound

kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
i have a cyst on each of my ovaries. i knew about the right one, but the left one is a surprise. that one hurt when she was looking at it. they did blood work and will let me know what my estrogen levels are in the morning. if they are high, i have to wait until after my next period to move on. if the level is low, they will go in and drain the cysts. i have five follicles on my right side and seven on my left. this is an unexpected setback.

we also had our medication class. so much info in so short of time. luckily there is a folder with all the step by steps and a website to explain it all again if i need it.
k4xs7.jpg
ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!

Comments

• Options
    handsomecowboohandsomecowboo Posts: 284
    edited November -1
    I recently found that I have bilateral cysts too. They haven't done enough testing at this time to know if it's going to be setback, but I don't see how it wouldn't be a setback. My RE said that she wasn't concerned about the effect they will have on my overall fertility but we'll see how that all goes in the next few weeks.

If they drain the cysts, how long after that do you have to wait to TTC? Will the fertility meds make any difference to your cysts?

I'm sorry that you're going through this. Hopefully it will be a small bump in the road!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i got the call yesterday that my estrogen levels were elevated, meaning that they are active. my body didn't respond to birth control at all. they said i'd be one of the women that got pregnant on the pill. now i just have to wait until my next period and we'll start injections then. if they were to drain the cysts, i would have started on sunday. no wait at all. the meds do make a difference but for the life of me right now, i can't remember how she explained it.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November 2015
    I know it must be so frustrating to wait but it's good that your clinic wants to give your cycle the best start possible. I promise once your cycle starts it will fly by. There are youtube videos for all the IVF medications - I found it very helpful for the first few injections.
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh i know merilung! i'm thankful that they take precautions and know what they're doing. a couple weeks is nothing compared to what i've been waiting. i was just so geared up that i wasn't expecting this at all.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    Oh I know, it's all such an emotional roller coaster already that for me any little potential setback felt SO magnified, even though I definitely wanted to do all the "right" things to help my cycle work. Hang in there, you'll be at your transfer before you know it :)
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the positive thoughts! :D
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    Mommy2016Mommy2016 Posts: 1,037
    edited November -1
    Sorry for the delay. :( Hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on out.
    Luca Gabriel was born 10/25/17 at 34 weeks, due to PROM. He's healthy and perfect! I'm in love!
    5/2015-BFN 6/2015-Chemical 8/2015-BFN 10/2015-BFN 12/2015-BFP (miscarriage)
    2/2016-BFN 4/2016-BFN 7/2016-BFN 10/2016-BFN 11/2016-BFN 12/2016-BFN 3/2017-BFP!!!
    IXn6m5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kstarr-
    Checking in to see how your cyst issues are going? I'm hoping you have been able to move forward in your plans!

My RE recently suggested that one of my two cysts has hallmarks of endometriosis and that she would like to surgically remove it. She was very gentle in the recommendation and was great about educating me in the options. All that said, I don't know what I'll do as of yet. Surgery or TTC ...both have risks. I'm leaning toward no surgery as I keep TTC for now. Right now, I have a considerable amount of pain at different times in my cycle. Have to wonder if adding a baby to the belly real estate would be too painful???
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i haven't had another ultrasound since the last one. i'm waiting on AF to start. the BC really screwed my system up. before this all happened, i knew i had the cyst on the right ovary and another near it but not on the ovary itself. my drs didn't seem concerned with it.

i'm not sure what i would do in your position. my cyst only causes pain near AF. i don't feel it other times. they aren't terribly big though. did she say that it would interfere with ovulation?
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mine aren't too big either, which makes me feel like a big pansy seeing so many people who didn't even know they had any to begin with. One is 3.5 cm and the problem cyst is 5cm.

She said that she isn't concerned with ovulation, but would that it may affect egg health. I asked if we could monitor for the better ovary to ovulate and jump on IUI. She says that this wouldn't be definitive so she didn't recommend it as a solution.

This will probably sound selfish, but when the pain is manageable, I think that TTC is the way to go. When my discomfort grows (usually in the evening for some reason?) I think that I should go ahead with the surgery option. I should also probably say that I've never had surgery and am not excited to join that club.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    you aren't a pansy. everyone handles pain different. mine are less than 2 cm, at least the last time they were measured.

is getting a second opinion an option for you? even within the practice?

i've never had surgery either. i'm kinda scared of when they do my egg retrieval.
    k4xs7.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I have tentatively set up a date for surgery.

I had an especially painful day and realized that if I manage to get pregnant and still have so much pain, my painkiller options will be minimal. It's not a great decision but neither is the other choice. But I really don't want to jeopardize anything in a potential pregnancy!

So more storage fees for now and I'm prepping to get my card punched for my very first surgery next month. ...yay.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry it took so long to reply. The holiday was crazy. I hope it goes smooth for you with no complications. Keep me posted of how you are doing.
    k4xs7.jpg